*Workaround * Nvidia HDMI audio ??Not Plugged In?? after resume from sleep (S3) or turning TV off then on - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #1 of 42 Old 07-22-2013, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 33
*Workaround (see end of post)* Nvidia HDMI audio “Not Plugged In” after resume from sleep (S3) or turning TV off then on

Please post if you have the same issue (seems component dependent) and the workaround works or does not work for you! There seem to have been two different variations of this problem since 2010:

1. drivers prior to 285 - occasional black screen after resume from sleep

2. since 285 - HDMI audio “Not Plugged In” after resume from sleep or turning the TV off then back on.

Simply restarting the computer or altering the order in which the devices are turned on is NOT an option if using your HTPC with a cablecard device to record shows - the HTPC must be able to wake up on its own and it is not an acceptable option to leave either the HTPC or TV on 24/7 to stop it from happening.

Tested cards: GT 430, GTX 650 Ti

Connection: HDMI connected directly to a Sony XBR 52HX909 TV

Tested drivers: 306.97, 314.22, 340.23 on Windows 7 x64

Real issue: HDMI monitor hotplug detection is not working properly with the current Nvidia drivers.

Problem 1: HDMI audio stops working after resume from sleep (S3) or when the monitor/TV is turned off and then back on at a later time.

The audio icon in the tray shows “Not plugged In” or shows the correct device but no audio is present. Restart is required for HDMI audio to work again (Sleep and Resume again does not restore audio). EDID override does not correct the issue.

Other threads with the same issue:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...p-from-standby
https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...-please-help-/
https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...set=39#3861544
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...rom-sleep-mode
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...aacba85?auth=1

Problem 2: Attemping to correct the HDMI hotplug detection error with the Gefen HDMI Detective plus fails due to HDCP errors due to flaws in HDCP detection per Gefen:

“There is an issue with HDCP and the Detective currently, the Nvidia card is not following the HDCP specifications… I have no clue how long it will take Nvidia to fix the issue, so if you need to play HDCP content now I would recommend getting an ATI card instead.”

http://forum.gefen.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16298

the HDCP error only occurs with the HDMI Detective in line, so it seems to be an incompatibility issue but still likely related to the faulty HDMI/HDCP detection method on the part of the Nvidia drivers.

I was unable to find a fix for the HDMI Detective HDCP issue.

Problem 3: Unable to correct the issue with Dr. HDMI

http://dme.ghost2.net/forum/viewtopi...er=asc&start=0

*WORKAROUND* for HDMI audio (HDMIYo does not correct this issue)

As stated above the only normal way to fix the HDMI audio issue is to restart the computer, which then restarts the graphics driver and detects the TV correctly again. Of course, this is a lousy solution if you are recording shows or serving media to an extender that the kids/wife are watching.
Fortunately, the windows driver development kit (DDK) includes a function called devcon that allows us to restart the video driver without restarting the computer.

You normally need to download the entire kit and extract the relevant file, but fortunately someone has posted the correct Windows 7 x64 version here:

http://www.itworks.sk/storage/devcon.zip

Information on how to use devcon to restart the video driver is posted here:
http://superuser.com/questions/11523...-restarting-os

Summarized:
Put devcon.exe (make sure it is the correct version) into the Windows/System32 folder
From an elevated command prompt, type:

> devcon listclass display

Listing 1 device(s) for setup class "Display" (Display adapters).

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_01D7&SUBSYS_006C1025&REV_A1\4&7D0 DA8B&0&0008: NVIDIA GeForce

Then using the information obtained (probably the same if you are using for an Nvidia card), restart the video driver:

> devcon restart =display *ven_10de*

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_01D7&SUBSYS_006C1025&REV_A1\4&7D0 DA8B&0&0008: Restarted

1 device(s) restarted.

That should be it! The screen should flash black and your audio should be back just as if you had restarted the computer.

Once you have tested the above command and know that it works for you, you can create a .bat (paste into notepad and name the file whatever .bat) containing:
Code:
devcon restart =display *ven_10de*

or whatever your command needs to be

Then create a shortcut to your bat file and place it on desktop. Under PropertiesAdvanced, tick off the box to run as an administrator.

BONUS

Also, to prevent having the UAC prompt show up, you can create an action in task manager as described in detail here:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...ate.html?ltr=E

I attached an icon I made so the family knows where to click on the desktop.

<a class="attachment loginreq" href="/attachments/70976" title="">FixHDMIAudio256.zip 97k .zip file
Attached Files
File Type: zip FixHDMIAudio256.zip (97.3 KB, 1071 views)
dave12285 and Ryan L like this.

Last edited by jmelan; 08-23-2014 at 09:09 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 Old 07-27-2013, 03:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
As you know from the nvidia forum, I've had the same problem

I installed windows 8 to see if that would sort it out and it seemed to with the default windows drivers (but no dolby TrueHD bit streaming). I went to bed hopeful and woke this morning to find the problem had returned (before I even had a chance to install the latest Nvidia drivers). Gutted

System restore took me back to last nights setup and hey presto, problem fixed again! I turned off updates (both windows and media center) and installed the latest nvidia drivers (320 I think).

The problem remains solved!!! Must be a windows update

Obviously running a machine without updates isn't optimal though...
post #3 of 42 Old 07-27-2013, 10:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 53
I have an Onkyo AVR & Sony LCD Tv. I never sleep my PC. I never power off or reboot my PC unless absolutely necessary. I've never had incorrect audio formats or lost audio. I've never had black screen or green screen or the wrong resolution from powering anything off/on.

My ONLY symptom was that WMC would crash if powering off/on the Tv or the AVR while playing live Tv or recorded Tv show.

Dr HDMI cured my problem completely. I can leave my PC on 24/7 with live Tv or recorded show playing in WMC and power my Tv or AVR off/on all day long as many times as I want and the PC doesn't even blink.

Tested with latest nVidia whql drivers on GT610 & GT40.

I do not use any modified EDID or custom monitor inf.

note: I did have random hdcp errors in WMC after installing Dr HDMI but verified that was due to an inferior/defective hdmi cable.

XBR-65Z9D | AVR-X2200W | UBD-K8500 | JRMC HTPC w/9 cable tuners | Fluance SV 7.1 + eD A3-300

post #4 of 42 Old 07-28-2013, 08:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Having to restart the computer to change audio devices is not just a Nvidia problem. I am having the same issue with with an AMD/ATI sapphire 7770. And I agree that it came with a Windows 7 update. I think it might be some sort of digital rights management issue because I have suddenly been having problems with some USB devices like a thumb drive that needs to be removed from the hub, reinserted and scanned now.

Anál nathrach, orth’ bháis’s bethad, do chél dénmha
post #5 of 42 Old 11-17-2013, 11:13 PM

So I was really excited to try this, as I have to leave my HTPC with a GTX 660 on all the time. If I sleep it, it usually comes out of sleep with no sound 50% of the time. But when I tried these instructions I couldn’t get it to work. I’ve ID’d my video card correctly and followed these directions to the T.

When I try running the batch command nothing happens. And if I try to reset just using cmd as an administrator (devcon restart =display *ven_10de*), it lists my video card correctly, followed by “Restart failed No devices restarted."

Any idea how to make this work? I’m on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. I’m really hoping this could solve all my sleep issues! Thanks.
post #6 of 42 Old 11-18-2013, 07:21 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've been using Devcon for about a year now, I simply wrote a bat file which launches every time the PC wakes. Since I moved to this solution, I've had 0 issues after wake ( including the display error, minimize/maximize to fix ) and running %100 success rate. I now sleep/wake my PC every time I turn on and off my TV.

Highly recommend devcon, no need to spend more on hdmi detective.

Tester
post #7 of 42 Old 11-18-2013, 03:25 PM

I can't seem to even get Devcon to work. Any idea why it gives me a restart fail? Could you maybe share your bat file? Thanks.
post #8 of 42 Old 12-03-2013, 05:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

The way I've been working around my issue is going to the Digital Audio tab in the driver controller panel, turning it off, apply, turn it back on, apply, and it works again. Pain in the butt to do every time but not near as bad as having to reboot the PC.

post #9 of 42 Old 12-03-2013, 05:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Why not just tape Pin 19, that way the external device never shows as being disconnected?

Bill
post #10 of 42 Old 12-03-2013, 06:28 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 21
This is the whole reason I went with AMD this time around. Only issue I have with AMD is that sometimes when I switch inputs or turn things on it switches to 2 speaker in the sound control panel (with no way to switch back to 5 speaker without a reboot). I know what's causing this - the PC "sees" the TV instead of the receiver first. Anyone who has tried this know if it works for AMD too? Also, would it be necessary to reset the whole display driver or couldn't you just do it to the HD audio device?
post #11 of 42 Old 12-03-2013, 08:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I have no issues with this with any of my NVIDIA cards (560 and 670) - but I'm using a Yamaha RX-A2010 receiver. Turning off the projector or my Dell monitor (switched with the AVR) and no issues. When I turn off the projector, after a couple of minutes NVIDIA drivers usually detect the change and will detect my Yamaha receiver as a "display" device. So maybe that is why I haven't seen this problem.
post #12 of 42 Old 12-03-2013, 11:28 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxleung View Post

I have no issues with this with any of my NVIDIA cards (560 and 670) - but I'm using a Yamaha RX-A2010 receiver. Turning off the projector or my Dell monitor (switched with the AVR) and no issues. When I turn off the projector, after a couple of minutes NVIDIA drivers usually detect the change and will detect my Yamaha receiver as a "display" device. So maybe that is why I haven't seen this problem.
It's kind of luck of the draw I think when it comes to this sort of thing; some components or combinations of components just don't get along with each other. But I will say that I've had much better luck with ATI/AMD over the last few years with HTPCs. I remember one of the worst cards was a GTS250 which would give me black screens when resuming from standby (regardless of what monitor/TV it was connected to) and had several other HDCP issues with a GTS450. Their motherboards from a few years ago generally were underpowered and buggy for HTPC use compared to AMD equivalents. Maybe the new ones have gotten much better, but my 7850 has been rock solid for me (even with gaming).

There is a point to my post besides pointless rambling though. I just fixed the issue I was having described above and wanted to share- my audio switching to 2 channel when switching inputs on receiver or powering up incorrectly. I didn't use the method described above but something along the lines stated here (luckily that old thread got bumped or I would've never discovered it). What I did was super easy and didn't require any editing of anything crazy. I think this worked for me mostly because I believe the GPU "sees" the receiver as a display similar to what Maxleung was just saying above with his AVR (it's a somewhat newish HDMI 1.4 model). Anyway, download MonInfo (Monitor Asset Manager 2.7) from here (download link is on the left). I made sure that my PC was booted up correctly and able to configure multiple speaker configurations in the sound control panel. Started the MonInfo program, select file on the top left and create an INF. This should make an INF of your display + receiver. Take note of where you save it to. Now open up device manager, navigate to monitors, and then select your display device (it's probably named generic display device) and click update driver software. You want to browse my computer for driver software and then let me pick from a list... select the INF you created earlier. Reboot, done. I tested this out a bit and everything is working the way I want it to so far (desktop icons stay in place, audio options don't drop to 2 channel when switching inputs or if I turn on the TV first by accident, etc etc). This fix should work the same way for NVidia GPUs too - I believe that any change in audio/video drops audio altogether in most cases with Nvidia.

Only thing I recommend is that you have another monitor laying around in case things go wrong or windows doesn't like the new driver (you may be stuck videoless if it doesn't work until you uninstall the driver).

EDIT: I mentioned above that it fixed my desktop icons from hopping around but was wrong - waking the PC before the Receiver & TV causes this problem (it's caused by the desktop resolution changing and never found an easy fix for it). Wish there was a way to lock desktop items in W7 like there was in XP. Anyway, I'll update my post if I figure out a solution.
TheManuel, shpitz and coldblackice like this.
post #13 of 42 Old 12-05-2013, 09:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 57
I'd like to thank Ryan for the tip above!

This is my situation:

Win7 connected via HDMI from an ATI 5770 to an Onkyo 1010 AVR to the TV. As soon as I turn off the AVR and TV (HTPC running 24/7), I'd lose bitstreaming, Windows will revert to 2.0, and there was no way to change that. Only thing that would help was a reboot, so every time we wanted to watch a movie, or I wanted to listen to multi-channel FLAC via WinAMP I had to reboot the machine.

Ryan suggested I try applying the monitor driver trick in post #12, and that seems to resolve the issue. Right now I'm at work and HTPC is running with AVR and TV turned off, Windows still shows all audio formats supported by the AVR as well as allow 2, 4, 6, or 8 channels LPCM through the Windows mixer.

When I get home tonight I'll pop in a movie w/o rebooting and see if bitstreaming works.

I've removed the Realtek ATI HDMI Audio driver which people said solves the audio issue (it never did help), and now i'm running the original ATI HDMI Audio driver from Catalyst 13.11 beta.

EDIT: Regarding the resolution/icons issues, I've never experienced these, it was always just the audio getting messed up.

post #14 of 42 Old 12-09-2013, 09:15 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan L View Post

It's kind of luck of the draw I think when it comes to this sort of thing; some components or combinations of components just don't get along with each other. But I will say that I've had much better luck with ATI/AMD over the last few years with HTPCs. I remember one of the worst cards was a GTS250 which would give me black screens when resuming from standby (regardless of what monitor/TV it was connected to) and had several other HDCP issues with a GTS450. Their motherboards from a few years ago generally were underpowered and buggy for HTPC use compared to AMD equivalents. Maybe the new ones have gotten much better, but my 7850 has been rock solid for me (even with gaming).

There is a point to my post besides pointless rambling though. I just fixed the issue I was having described above and wanted to share- my audio switching to 2 channel when switching inputs on receiver or powering up incorrectly. I didn't use the method described above but something along the lines stated here (luckily that old thread got bumped or I would've never discovered it). What I did was super easy and didn't require any editing of anything crazy. I think this worked for me mostly because I believe the GPU "sees" the receiver as a display similar to what Maxleung was just saying above with his AVR (it's a somewhat newish HDMI 1.4 model). Anyway, download MonInfo (Monitor Asset Manager 2.7) from here (download link is on the left). I made sure that my PC was booted up correctly and able to configure multiple speaker configurations in the sound control panel. Started the MonInfo program, select file on the top left and create an INF. This should make an INF of your display + receiver. Take note of where you save it to. Now open up device manager, navigate to monitors, and then select your display device (it's probably named generic display device) and click update driver software. You want to browse my computer for driver software and then let me pick from a list... select the INF you created earlier. Reboot, done. I tested this out a bit and everything is working the way I want it to so far (desktop icons stay in place, audio options don't drop to 2 channel when switching inputs or if I turn on the TV first by accident, etc etc). This fix should work the same way for NVidia GPUs too - I believe that any change in audio/video drops audio altogether in most cases with Nvidia.

Only thing I recommend is that you have another monitor laying around in case things go wrong or windows doesn't like the new driver (you may be stuck videoless if it doesn't work until you uninstall the driver).

EDIT: I mentioned above that it fixed my desktop icons from hopping around but was wrong - waking the PC before the Receiver & TV causes this problem (it's caused by the desktop resolution changing and never found an easy fix for it). Wish there was a way to lock desktop items in W7 like there was in XP. Anyway, I'll update my post if I figure out a solution.

Just wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart ! Your procedure was dead simple and my setup now works perfectly.

For reference. I'm going htpc to onkyo tx-nr616 to Panasonic gt30. All hdmi.

Thanks again !
post #15 of 42 Old 12-24-2013, 07:32 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 37
I'm trying to do the INF file fix, but when I browse to the folder that contains the inf it only shows the generic PnP monitor not my inf file
post #16 of 42 Old 12-24-2013, 08:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd_us View Post

I'm trying to do the INF file fix, but when I browse to the folder that contains the inf it only shows the generic PnP monitor not my inf file

What version of the Nvidia drivers are you using? The pin 19 cover up and older drivers cured all my Nvidia frustrations. The newest drivers gave me 100% grief.

Bill
post #17 of 42 Old 12-24-2013, 09:49 AM

I am using the newest driver. How can I get an old driver. I'll have to look for the disks, but if I can't find them is their another source. I have the occasional no sound and sometimes a black screen. I've recently encountered the no audio input error
post #18 of 42 Old 12-24-2013, 10:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I am using 320.49, google for it and do a custom clean install. Also google the pin 19 fix, really easy and really effective.

Bill
post #19 of 42 Old 12-24-2013, 10:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd_us View Post

On the screen where you input a path, there's a huge button at the bottom that says 'let me pick from a list...', click on it. Then, in the next screen, click on 'Have Disk' and then point to where the INF is. It will now show up in the list.

post #20 of 42 Old 01-11-2014, 01:17 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelan View Post

Code:
devcon restart =display *ven_10de*

or whatever your command needs to be

Oh my god I've been looking for this information for so damned long!
Seriously thanks so much dude.
I hope other people find this thread, I'll add some catch keywords to my post, god damn I hope it helps someone find it faster, I've googled many a time looking for this info.

HDMI audio display intermittent on off yamaha panasonic vierra sound not working broken problem reboot restart fix drivers nvidia gt430

Seriously dude, thanks, damn.... god damn this problem is annoying! A simple batch should fix this significantly for me.
post #21 of 42 Old 01-16-2014, 12:14 AM

I found an alternate solution that may work for some.  My particular TV has an overscan issue where the picture goes beyond the borders of the TV.  I resized the desktop using the NVIDIA Control Panel > Display > Adjust desktop size and position.  On the size tab check the "Enable desktop resizing" go into the resize button and resize the picture for your TV.  After clicking OK out the resize window the HDMI audio issue is no longer a problem.  It stays "plugged in" even if my receiver is turned off...go figure!

Kind of a weird workaround but it worked for me.  It's possible other options in the NVIDIA control panel may also serve as a workaround but I haven't had a chance to test any others out.

post #22 of 42 Old 01-28-2014, 03:46 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm curious what method you guys use to run the devcon batch file upon resuming from standby. Thanks
post #23 of 42 Old 01-29-2014, 11:25 AM

Thanks Ryan for the tip. I can't wait to try this tonight.

One question...I have my pc hooked up to both a regular monitor and my Samsung TV, (in the next room through an Onkyo NR626 receiver), so I anticipate I will see two monitor choices when I go to select my display device as directed in your notes (my "Generic Display Device" being my regular monitor, and a second one with my Samsung TV). Which would I choose to make this tip work when I go to update the driver software?...the Generic or my Samsung?

The problem I'm using this to (hopefully) fix is my HDMI connection constantly being lost when I turn off my receiver and having to reboot the PC with my receiver on in order to be able to get audio out of my HDMI again. I honestly haven't noticed if my audio has ever gone to 2 channel instead of 5, but this could be happening as well and hopefully this will prevent that.

post #24 of 42 Old 01-30-2014, 06:33 PM

I finally got this working! My nvidia 610 was always giving the "not pluged in" or audio issues. It turns out it was my tv overscan....I turned off the overscan on my tv and went to the nvidia control panel and resized as mentioned above. So far it has been working fingers crossed.
post #25 of 42 Old 01-31-2014, 07:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
I found an alternate solution that may work for some. My particular TV has an overscan issue where the picture goes beyond the borders of the TV. I resized the desktop using the NVIDIA Control Panel > Display > Adjust desktop size and position. On the size tab check the "Enable desktop resizing" go into the resize button and resize the picture for your TV...
Quote:
... It turns out it was my tv overscan....I turned off the overscan on my tv and went to the nvidia control panel and resized as mentioned above...
Nice that it works for some people but I thought any time you allow scaling or resizing in the driver or Tv you are defeating 1 to 1 pixel mapping (when using a flat panel display).

XBR-65Z9D | AVR-X2200W | UBD-K8500 | JRMC HTPC w/9 cable tuners | Fluance SV 7.1 + eD A3-300
post #26 of 42 Old 04-12-2014, 05:37 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11

All the chatter is fine and dandy, but I'm confused. Is there a sure fire solution or not? I have two PC's with NVidia cards (because I seriously hate AMD, but I said the same about Sony and now I have a PS4 in my house...) 

I don't have the issue with the screen, just with the sound. I run a frankensteined HTPC from an HP M9000 that I've kept alive. I had a 9600GTS in there but that card was overkill and seriously eating power supplies every few months. So I put in a GT610 to get the HDMI and a much less power hungry card in there. I was so happy to ditch the Coax for the audio, till this problem came up. I'm running Win7 Pro 64, using Windows Media Center (The DVR was the easiest to set up for me this way) and I have XBMC integrated inside WMC7 for video playback. Still working the audio sync bugs out of that too. BUT WAIT! When I use XBMC and tell it to use the HDMI, the audio sync is fine. Plus the SPDIF doesn't transfer all the audio formats my AVR does. So I really really REALLY would love to have my HDMI audio back. 

If covering up or eliminating Pin 19 would work, I'll be glad to hack that somehow. I can solder wires to something the size of a pepper corn, I'm sure I can handle that. :) 

I just need someone to tell me what the sure fire solution is or if one of the great and powerful video card manufacturers have cracked the whacky HDMI issue in the rear. 

Sincerely, 

Lost in Florida. 

post #27 of 42 Old 05-19-2014, 02:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Thank you both Ryan L. and Shpitz. I also was bound having to power up my receiver before the pc or having to reboot the pc to rec'v the multi-channel audio playback from the pc other than my consideration of purchasing a Dr HDMI. It's easily done from Ryan L. post# 12 procedure but had to figure out a minor hiccup as to Windows8 and installing a digitally 3rd party unsigned driver that I created with moninfo. It's was quite easy to do once I learned how to install a driver that's not digitally signed in Windows8.1. I googled and found the procedure for the install

another thing you should look out for with multi-displays using the moninf program, make sure you create the correct .inf file for the piece of equipment your duplicating that'll be used to update your monitor's driver.

I'm on Windows8.1/ATI card to: ---> Pioneer Rec'r ---> Panasonic plasma
---> Acer pc display
both are on duplicate display mode

the other hiccup I had was not installing and/or running the moninfo program as the administrator, as moninfo showed my Acer pc monitor as the display ID and information window. I couldn't locate my Pioneer/Panasonic display ID/info to create the .inf file to update with. By installing and running moninfo in Admin. mode, it came up with the display ID and info window I wanted to create my Pioneer Rec'r ---> Panasonic plasma

My ATI HDMI is always set to multi-channel audio with my Pioneer rec'r on/off, This is a Great fix for the 2channel audio problem
post #28 of 42 Old 05-31-2014, 12:19 AM

For the above personnel who get Restart Failed running x64 Operating Systems I had to download the 64 bit version of Devcon found here Once that is done it depends if your system bat commands are defaulted to running 32bit command or x64 so the following is one way to guarantee it runs properly.

You create 2 Bat files anywhere on your computer the first one is the above mentioned: devcon restart =display *ven_10de*

The second points the x64 cmd.exe to your bat file : C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cmd.exe /C path\to\batchfile.cmd

It seems complicated but in my case I have the first bat | devcon restart =display *ven_10de* | in C:\audio.bat

The second I place on my desktop for my guests to fix the audio and it merely is | C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cmd.exe /C c:\audio.bat |

Its a very convoluted way to run a x64 bit command but its the only way I was able to one button click fix my HTPC Audio every day. I hope this helps those above who are getting the fail message.
post #29 of 42 Old 06-17-2014, 02:53 PM

It's a lot easier to create a Task in task scheduler and set the following trigger:
New Trigger->
Begin the Task: <On an Event>

Settings -> <Basic>
Log: <System>
Source: <Power-Troubleshooter>
Event ID: <1>

Event Viewer Entry:
The system has resumed from sleep.

Sleep Time: ‎2014‎-‎06‎-‎16T00:00:00.000000000Z
Wake Time: ‎2014‎-‎06‎-‎17T00:00:00.000000000Z

Wake Source: Power Button

The following above is the associated information that get recorded in event viewer when the system resumes.
Combine with the devcon command written in the actions, and have it run with elevated privileges. That task entry should then automatically restart the device on system resume.
post #30 of 42 Old 07-29-2014, 04:46 AM

Liked: 0
This devcon worked without a problem on my Win 7 64bit HTPC. When I would turn on my projector and receiver the screen would say that nothing was connected until i unplug/replug the hdmi in the computer. Now with the decon batch file, I placed in my taskbar and tell my logitech remote to run the batch file when the activity is selected.

This is not related but I was also having lag/slowness issues with my logitech remote and windows IR receiver. I had followed a guide to add the IR receiver as Microsoft MCE keyboard which was causing slowness/lag and no range. I fixed it by removing the Microsoft MCE keyboard and adding Rosewill RHRC-11002. I have no more slowness/lag and I can use the remote from 20 feet away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page