Does anyone still prefer Hardware RAID 5 for media server with Windows as the OS? - Page 7 - AVS Forum
First ... 5  6  7
Home Theater Computers > Does anyone still prefer Hardware RAID 5 for media server with Windows as the OS?
assassin's Avatar assassin 12:09 PM 08-20-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post

Come on AVS really ?

I am disappointed:

Weeks later just out of the blue ? There's really only 1 person I know on this forum that might have complained.

Was my first post in this thread really that offensive to anyone ? I meant it as tongue and cheek, and to show that really 99% of the people are probably against hardware raid in a simple media server. It's like almost common knowledge isn't it ?

What does "posting to incite others" mean?

I always find your posts at least entertaining. wink.gif

Mfusick's Avatar Mfusick 12:41 PM 08-20-2013
I am not sure.

It was not meant to incite others. Rather just explain there's a clear preference for software RAID in a media server over hardware raid, and I was on the side of the majority.

I have posted a lot more things that were better designed to incite others than that post. I am disappointed with that. I thought the pictures added something to the point I was trying to make.

I guess you can't post pictures anymore.

Pictures always make threads better IMO
Big Worms's Avatar Big Worms 01:00 PM 08-20-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post

Come on AVS really ?

I am disappointed:

Weeks later just out of the blue ? There's really only 1 person I know on this forum that might have complained.

Was my first post in this thread really that offensive to anyone ? I meant it as tongue and cheek, and to show that really 99% of the people are probably against hardware raid in a simple media server. It's like almost common knowledge isn't it ?

I thought you where simply answering the OP question. This thread just needs to be closed already.
First ... 5  6  7

Up
Mobile  Desktop