post #62 of 72 Old 11-19-2013, 05:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post

Luke am I allowed to post a demo video yet ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukemb View Post

Have at it smile.gif

I think that he said "yes" so where is it?

I already got a sneak peak but have been keeping it under wraps.. eek.gif Pretty nice stuff. Just purchased the android app in the store today and will become a paid member on MB3 soon. You guys definitely deserve it for all the work you've put into this.

For the Live Video backdrops it looks like they are added on the server side and not the client side? That is cool as it only has to be paid for once but what about bandwidth, especially for remote clients through the internet?

post #63 of 72 Old 11-19-2013, 06:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Will MBT require Windows Media Center for windows 8.1 (WMC is now an additional notable purchase)? I have 8.1 w/MB3 Server configured and like it but I can't watch anything w/o a client except in the little window (whch is fuzzy in full screen)

I am currently using JRiver w/FLAC and DSF music files but I would am open to a different system for video. I like how the MB3 server manages chapters, trailers and specials and all the eye candy.

Years ago I used WMC on my XP machine (still have it) then switched to Meedio and then to JRiver. The one unique item I like in Foobar is seeing the wave form for a peak at the mastering.
post #64 of 72 Old 11-19-2013, 06:32 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post

I think that he said "yes" so where is it?

I already got a sneak peak but have been keeping it under wraps.. eek.gif Pretty nice stuff. Just purchased the android app in the store today and will become a paid member on MB3 soon. You guys definitely deserve it for all the work you've put into this.

For the Live Video backdrops it looks like they are added on the server side and not the client side? That is cool as it only has to be paid for once but what about bandwidth, especially for remote clients through the internet?

Not every client uses them. The htpc clients play them over the file system so there's no streaming involved. When you are external, you can always turn them off.
post #65 of 72 Old 01-23-2014, 03:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Thought to bring back this thread since it was somewhat buried. I was wondering if anyone is using this full time on their HTPC's? Even though MBT is still in alpha right now, in my testing with it over the Christmas holidays, it worked very well for me for movies and TV shows. Only thing it doesn't have yet is the random/all play for the TV show episodes.

I am thinking of possibly deploying this on my main HTPC, of which I just recently done a fresh install. Already have MBC in place for the things that MBT isn't able to do yet. I'm going to work on setting a key in my Harmony remote to launch MBT since its a standalone.

So is anyone using MBT on a more regular basis? If so how is it working for you so far?
post #66 of 72 Old 01-23-2014, 05:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 773
I use it pretty often especially for tv episode and MADVR

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #67 of 72 Old 01-23-2014, 08:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVTechMan View Post

Thought to bring back this thread since it was somewhat buried. I was wondering if anyone is using this full time on their HTPC's? Even though MBT is still in alpha right now, in my testing with it over the Christmas holidays, it worked very well for me for movies and TV shows. Only thing it doesn't have yet is the random/all play for the TV show episodes.

I am thinking of possibly deploying this on my main HTPC, of which I just recently done a fresh install. Already have MBC in place for the things that MBT isn't able to do yet. I'm going to work on setting a key in my Harmony remote to launch MBT since its a standalone.

So is anyone using MBT on a more regular basis? If so how is it working for you so far?

I switched over to it full time around new years and haven't looked back. It's been remarkably stable.

Looky here!
post #68 of 72 Old 01-23-2014, 09:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 187
I still like my MB3 Classic but I may make the switch. I haven't had much time and doing this will require some changes to how things are done. Currently my Harmony goes through it's sequence and lands the user on Live TV from the CableBOX tuner and then MB is available as a menu strip in WMC or by pressing the MB button on my remote. With MBT, I'd need to change it up and train people how to use it too. Since MBT LiveTV doesn't support DRM I pretty much will stick with WMC for TV unless on the go.

post #69 of 72 Old 01-23-2014, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I love the idea of MBT, been waiting for it almost a year. And it's making progress, but I'm not ready to switch to it full time. I'm not really crazy about the interface, I'd like to be able to go directly to my Collections instead of having to navigate past the Views. (Even the Roku MB3 app can do this) Once into the Movie or TV collections, scrolling to the desired title is painfully slow... things will improve when/if first-letter search (as in MBC) is implemented. The internal video player has recently become able to output acceptable video quality. But the biggest stumbling block for me is the inability to play subtitles. I have a lot of foreign movies, so subs are mandatory.

I check back every time I hear about an update, but unfortunately the functions that are important to me aren't very high on the developer's priiority list. smile.gif I keep hope alive though, that they'll get there eventually.
post #70 of 72 Old 01-23-2014, 12:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mine plays subtitles better than any other solution I've ever tried. Did you install VS filter or XY filter ?

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #71 of 72 Old 01-23-2014, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post

Mine plays subtitles better than any other solution I've ever tried. Did you install VS filter or XY filter ?

I should have been more precise. Internal subs (muxed into the MKV file) will play. External subs (SRT files, named properly) will not.

Yes, XYFilter is installed, and enabled in the MBT player settings. It's set to load both internal and external subs, but still won't do the external ones. I have hundreds of movies and TV episodes with external subs, and so I'm not inclined to remux them all when every other player I have handles them just fine. biggrin.gif I'll just stick with MBC for daily use, for now.
post #72 of 72 Old 01-25-2014, 08:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

You don't rip your subs into the container with makemkv?

-

Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
Mediabrowser , Mediabrowser 3

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page