Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 72 Old 08-04-2013, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Everyone,

Here is a quote from one of the lead developers over at the Media Browser Community Tracker. Many of you have been awaiting this announcement, it is now official...
Quote:
Time to start teasing again. Enjoy.

The second screenshot is a theme video playing in the background. Notice the icons in the system tray:

- Lav splitter
- Lav audio
- Lav video
- Reclock
- Madvr
- XySubFilter

squeakybirnbaum likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gamertag:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 72 Old 08-04-2013, 03:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Very nice. Creating a new player is no small feat.

post #3 of 72 Old 08-04-2013, 03:35 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Good day,

Yes, MBT working great on the private beta testing at the moment. The MB3 dev team done great job indeed.

My best
post #4 of 72 Old 08-04-2013, 03:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 855
I am very excited about this. It is promising to be awesome!

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #5 of 72 Old 08-04-2013, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Yes, if its anything like VLC was... Its going to be AMAZING!!! VLCs player was very quick and responsive.

Gamertag:
post #6 of 72 Old 08-04-2013, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Do you have custom movie covers? Not a problem in MBT. cool.gif

Gamertag:
post #7 of 72 Old 08-04-2013, 04:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzener View Post

Do you have custom movie covers? Not a problem in MBT. cool.gif

I got most of my custom art work from you biggrin.gif

how come you don't have your webpage in your signature ?

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #8 of 72 Old 08-04-2013, 04:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abobader View Post

Good day,

Yes, MBT working great on the private beta testing at the moment. The MB3 dev team done great job indeed.

My best

So how exactly does one get to test the beta of MB3 Theater ? I'd be interested in trying it out, and I have a spare PC I can use it on that will tolerate bugs which I'd be happy to report. My HTPC is dedicated and I would enjoy playing around with it on my desktop first.

-

post #9 of 72 Old 08-04-2013, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post

I got most of my custom art work from you biggrin.gif

how come you don't have your webpage in your signature ?

Well, that website was a school assignment and it shows... I think I'd rather pay someone to spruce it up.

Gamertag:
post #10 of 72 Old 08-04-2013, 05:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzener View Post

Well, that website was a school assignment and it shows... I think I'd rather pay someone to spruce it up.

There is plenty of talented web designers here on AVS that might do it for free for the better of the community. The little bit of tuning your web page might need is not much work for talented person.

-

post #11 of 72 Old 08-04-2013, 05:35 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:

There is plenty of talented web designers here on AVS that might do it for free for the better of the community. The little bit of tuning your web page might need is not much work for talented person.

Great. Send them our way because we are looking for an additional web developer, and more software developers to join our team.
post #12 of 72 Old 08-04-2013, 07:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 274 Post(s)
Liked: 159
It's too bad that you can't use MadVR fullscreen exclusive mode though in the internal player. I need that with the frame buffer feature to ensure smooth playback. For those that need that they'll still have to launch an external player.
post #13 of 72 Old 08-04-2013, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinDaWg View Post

It's too bad that you can't use MadVR fullscreen exclusive mode though in the internal player. I need that with the frame buffer feature to ensure smooth playback. For those that need that they'll still have to launch an external player.

?

Unless that kind of information comes from a core team member, it is conjecture and/or speculation. In other words, it's not true. We will support exclusive mode, it will just take a little more work to do on-screen menus with it.
post #14 of 72 Old 08-05-2013, 12:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 274 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukemb View Post

?

Unless that kind of information comes from a core team member, it is conjecture and/or speculation. In other words, it's not true. We will support exclusive mode, it will just take a little more work to do on-screen menus with it.

LOL, the quote came from you!
Quote:
So does this mean you found a way to use external filters and keep mbt overlays?

Yea but not in madvr exclusive mode. There won’t be anyway around that. but madvr has an api to draw menus and such so we’ll be able to use that for in-video menus. – luke
post #15 of 72 Old 08-05-2013, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinDaWg View Post

LOL, the quote came from you!

Read his question again. He wasn't asking if exclusive mode would be possible. He was asking if madvr would be possible along with the application's overlays. And I said yes, except in exclusive mode where we'll have to use the madvr drawing api.
post #16 of 72 Old 08-05-2013, 05:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 17
This one has me excited. Excited enough to open the purse strings (or at least beg them to be opened by she who controls them) and use my short arms to reach far down into my deep pockets to buy a SSD just for MBT.
post #17 of 72 Old 08-05-2013, 05:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepP View Post

This one has me excited. Excited enough to open the purse strings (or at least beg them to be opened by she who controls them) and use my short arms to reach far down into my deep pockets to buy a SSD just for MBT.

haha good luck with that.

Also I think MBT will be refreshingly fast due to it being tailor made for MB server and it isn't slaved to WMC. So that fact plus an SSD should be awesome!
post #18 of 72 Old 08-05-2013, 06:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Has anyone tested this new software?

I've been using Media Browser for a year but always just use the default WMC player - I've had too much trouble with the taskbar showing up during playback in the external player or trouble with stopping and exiting it. Plus it's just a bit visually jarring going from Windows Media Center to MPC.

Am I correct that this exists 100% outside of Windows Media Center, and that if you want to use the DVR functions this won't work for you?

Integration for whole home ATSC, CableCARD, FM radio, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, DVD, VHS control & capture, video games, and archived & streaming media playback

Restore the initial MLL on a 2009 Panasonic plasma
post #19 of 72 Old 08-05-2013, 06:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsoccer33 View Post

Has anyone tested this new software?

I've been using Media Browser for a year but always just use the default WMC player - I've had too much trouble with the taskbar showing up during playback in the external player or trouble with stopping and exiting it. Plus it's just a bit visually jarring going from Windows Media Center to MPC.

Am I correct that this exists 100% outside of Windows Media Center, and that if you want to use the DVR functions this won't work for you?

Yes it is completely built for outside of WMC usage. That's the whole idea of it actually, to break away from WMC.

Not a lot has been said on DVR development since the initial announcement.
post #20 of 72 Old 08-05-2013, 09:25 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:

So how exactly does one get to test the beta of MB3 Theater ? I'd be interested in trying it out, and I have a spare PC I can use it on that will tolerate bugs which I'd be happy to report. My HTPC is dedicated and I would enjoy playing around with it on my desktop first.

Good day,

The public beta for MBT will start soon, so it will not be long time from now smile.gif

My best
post #21 of 72 Old 08-05-2013, 11:48 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 58
Live TV / DVR support?

Running Windows Home Server 2011 Evil Abandoned Edition
post #22 of 72 Old 08-05-2013, 12:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
I'm confused... is this an addition piece of software to the media browser that was being developed with VLC as an "internal" player?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4 Beta
post #23 of 72 Old 08-05-2013, 12:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Smitty2k1, the summary is;

MB Server - A new app to manage your media pool centrally. This can be installed on a dedicated media server (Win7/8/WHS)
MB Classic - Essentially the 'old' media browser app (still within the confines of WMC) that has been tweaked to use MB Server for all media. This does allow you to distribute thin MB Classic clients easily.
MB Theater - The first standalone (non-WMC) feature rich app bearing the MB name. Very slick interface, can still use MB Server, and now uses VLC as the standard player. I think this is where most of the 'front end' development will go.
post #24 of 72 Old 08-05-2013, 12:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tman247 View Post

Smitty2k1, the summary is;

MB Server - A new app to manage your media pool centrally. This can be installed on a dedicated media server (Win7/8/WHS)
MB Classic - Essentially the 'old' media browser app (still within the confines of WMC) that has been tweaked to use MB Server for all media. This does allow you to distribute thin MB Classic clients easily.
MB Theater - The first standalone (non-WMC) feature rich app bearing the MB name. Very slick interface, can still use MB Server, and now uses VLC as the standard player. I think this is where most of the 'front end' development will go.

Very well put! Except for the bold. It does NOT use VLC. It uses a different player that can utilize madvr, lav filters, etc.
post #25 of 72 Old 08-05-2013, 01:09 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
I for one am glad it is not using VLC. Maybe it's just me but I have had much better luck with MPC-HC over VLC.
post #26 of 72 Old 08-05-2013, 01:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepP View Post

I for one am glad it is not using VLC. Maybe it's just me but I have had much better luck with MPC-HC over VLC.

VLC is admired because it's simple, it works, and it basically plays anything. I can't say I have many complaints about it.

-

post #27 of 72 Old 08-05-2013, 02:14 PM

Had we gone with Vlc I think MBT could still be very successful but we would have difficulty appealing to the high end crowd. No there should be no debate and I think we'll be able to have something for everyone.
post #28 of 72 Old 08-05-2013, 02:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukemb View Post

Had we gone with Vlc I think MBT could still be very successful but we would have difficulty appealing to the high end crowd. No there should be no debate and I think we'll be able to have something for everyone.

I agree biggrin.gif I think if you win the high end, you will win the midrange and bottom end too. It all trickles down. The big issue for MB3 adoption is consumer perception - if it is perceived to be superior to alternatives like XBMC it should catch on a lot faster. Supporting things like MadVR - and using directshow / LAV will create a pretty big and very clear advantage over XBMC if you can do it all within the internal player. That's a game changer. I'd be happy to say good bye to my external player biggrin.gif
squeakybirnbaum likes this.

-

post #29 of 72 Old 08-05-2013, 03:38 PM

Liked: 31
I'm really hoping it handles music well. Multi-channel and stereo flac outputting bitperfect would be icing on the cake.
post #30 of 72 Old 08-05-2013, 04:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillho View Post

I'm really hoping it handles music well. Multi-channel and stereo flac outputting bitperfect would be icing on the cake.

Do you use media browser now with the music plugin ?

-

Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
Mediabrowser , Mediabrowser 3

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page