Windows 7, Xbox extenders, "Viewing and Listening Conflict w/ Tuner," Silicondust HDHR tuner - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 08-11-2013, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any help or even suggested forum to look for answer would be great.

I have a Windows 7 Asus ROG Laptop with WMC and I use Xbox 360 Slim as extenders connected to each TV. Have been hardwired via Powerline Ethernet to each Xbox using Netgear WNDR3800 router. Setup worked great. Recently I purchased an Asus RT n66u router and I have the same setup in place. Now I am getting this "Viewing and listening conflict tuner unavailable" error whenever I watch WMC either directly on the laptop which acts as WMC server to the Xboxes, or when using the Xboxes. Some are hardwired some 5 GHz wireless but problem is same with all.

Here's another thing. As I watched TV directly on laptop WMC I also had browser window open watching MLB.TV which is an Internet stream. WMC connects to my local network only using the Silicondust HDHR Prime tuners which connect to coax form my cable tv provider. When I had the viewing/listening conflict erro message on WMC the MLB.TV stream stopped simultaneously. Happened three times like that. The WMC error ruins recordings and viewing of TV shows and happens with almost every TV viewing now. The fact that it occurs simultaneous with interruption of the MLB.TV Internet stream makes me think my router is the issue interrupting/affecting both local home network as well as Internet access.

Does anyone have any experience with similar problems and know how to set up the Asus RT n66u correctly to avoid this issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-09-2013, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
bump
post #3 of 7 Old 09-11-2013, 05:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 154
You have the latest official firmware from March installed on the Prime? I haven't seen this issue with any of the 2013 FW releases, but they did happen last year.

Also, I would highly recommend ditching the stock Asus FW in favor of Tomato, I run that on my Netgear 3500L and it works great with WMC.

https://www.vegard.net/archives/8250/
post #4 of 7 Old 09-11-2013, 05:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 165
From what you posted it sounds like the router is the problem. Listen to the above post and ditch the stock Asus FW.

post #5 of 7 Old 09-11-2013, 05:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I know this is about issues with the OP being able to watch LiveTV with the Prime but is tomato better than ww-drt? If it is, what makes it better?

post #6 of 7 Old 09-11-2013, 06:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
I started as DD-WRT and switched to Tomato. DD-WRT supports more models, but I like the streamline GUI of Tomato better.

post #7 of 7 Old 09-11-2013, 09:38 AM

Liked: 14
I would have to second what others have said above regarding Tomato. The interface is better/easier to use and I've just found that the same router running Tomato seems to work better than running DD-WRT.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page