DolbyTrueHD Won't Play In Mediaportal - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 08-19-2013, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I just got my first Htpc and am finding that all my DolbyTrueHD titles will not play in mediaportal. I press play and they just flick back to the title screen. All my DTS HDMA titles play no worries. I also notice that as I scroll through them in list mode that the said DolbyTrueHD titles lettering is dull, they are there in the library, but obviously a setting or something is wrong. Any suggestions most welcome. I use dvdfab to copy and to rip.

Thanks in advance smile.gif

Collingwood Magpies 2010 AFL Premiers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 08-20-2013, 04:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Have you tried this?

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1410346/mediaportal-1-2-x-install-and-setup-guide#post_22016917
post #3 of 11 Old 08-20-2013, 05:00 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 371
The latest MP uses LAV Filters by default. Open LAV Audio Decoder configuration and make sure TrueHD bitstreaming is checked.

Selecting the correct main title a BD movie is not so straightforward.

It looks like you didn't choose the correct format in DVDFab. you have to choose "mkv passthrough", otherwise you won't get HD audio nor the unconverted, original video format.

-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 11 Old 08-20-2013, 06:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by renethx View Post

The latest MP uses LAV Filters by default. Open LAV Audio Decoder configuration and make sure TrueHD bitstreaming is checked.

Selecting the correct main title a BD movie is not so straightforward.

It looks like you didn't choose the correct format in DVDFab. you have to choose "mkv passthrough", otherwise you won't get HD audio nor the unconverted, original video format.

How do I go about getting into it to check True HD is checked, I cannot find any of the boxes to ensure it is bit-streaming the signal? Thanks.

post #5 of 11 Old 08-20-2013, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 205
a little blue lav logo should appear on the notification bar next to the clock. you can double click on it.

Integration for whole home ATSC, CableCARD, FM radio, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, DVD, VHS control & capture, video games, and archived & streaming media playback

Restore the initial MLL on a 2009 Panasonic plasma
post #6 of 11 Old 08-20-2013, 07:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsoccer33 View Post

a little blue lav logo should appear on the notification bar next to the clock. you can double click on it.

Ok thanks, I'm currently copying a movie so I'll give it a shot as soon as the copy ends smile.gif

post #7 of 11 Old 08-20-2013, 07:11 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 371
Or Windows Start menu > LAV Filters > LAV Audio Configuration. By default every HD audio is to be decoded to LPCM (I am not sure how you can get DTS-HD MA bitstreaming without setting LAV Audio properly).

-

-
post #8 of 11 Old 08-20-2013, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter

Well unfortunately no success. It doesn't show up on the task bar or notification area, I've gone in and set it to show but it doesn't. It doesn't show up on the start menu screen anywhere either. So I'm gradually getting all my titles onto mediaportal but The Dark Knight, Iron Man 1&2, the Spider-man trilogy etc. (all DolbyTrueHD audio) won't play. Just a total bummer at this point, very cheesed off frown.gif

post #9 of 11 Old 08-20-2013, 12:21 PM

Liked: 15
Do you have the LAV filters installed?

Under Control Panel>Programs>Uninstall a program

will be a list of programs installed on the computer. Is LAV filters included?

LAV filters are an optional mediaportal install, so unless you selected to install them during setup they won't be available.
You can either run the setup again (this time install LAV) or manually download and install LAV.
post #10 of 11 Old 08-22-2013, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

Issues all sorted thanks all for the advice. Was a combination of several things. Being new to Htpc's I thought I'd be able to play any title thru my tv without a receiver. I'd only setup with a tv to copy movies before I moved it to the main system to save using the projector. Anyway once hooked up to my Integra and the appropriate settings ticked all is good. In hindsight its kind of good I had happen what happened as I've learnt a lot and know just about every setting there is on my Htpc! Thanks again smile.gif

post #11 of 11 Old 08-29-2013, 03:29 PM

Liked: 10
Just wanted to add that if you use external soundcard then dont tick the bitstreamning, its only for hdmi and spdi
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page