Install problem with Powerdvd13. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-21-2013, 08:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 12
When I try to install Powerdvd13 everytime I get a error message "The process cannot continue because the (Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package ATL Security Update (86)) install was unsuccessful. Please contact microsoft technical support for assistance. The installation will now abort". I've installed C++2005, It's in the control panel. I tried to install with my anti-virus turned off but it stll won't install. Microsoft has no answers but reload C++ 2005., Cyberlink says contact Microsoft. Compatibilty check on Powerdvd13 is all ok. Computer,Display,3D. Note: I have followed every suggestion by Cyberlink Tech Team since first of the year with no solution. My Powerdvd10 is running great.( I upgraded to Powerdvd 12 ultra from 9/10/11) but never installed but later on opted to new 13) ANY help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-21-2013, 01:25 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Try to uninstall and re-install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1. Looks like Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 is corrupted.
When re-installing, find and use another source.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-04-2013, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Thanks Elpee for your suggestion. I found out that my computer had a Trojan virus from ad ware. MS tech support helped cleaning things up. Downloaded PowerDVD-13 and all went well finally. It works great now. the virus bumped out the MS malware, shut down my virus protection and let everything flow in. MS malware & virus protection reinstalled and updated. What a releif. Again thanks for your help.
Reply Home Theater Computers