Sound randomly cutting out with Denon 1910 and HTPC! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 08-25-2013, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
SO my sound keeps cutting out randomly and I have to shut off and restart my Denon 1910 receiver to get it going again. I have a Gateway LX6810 as my HTPC. I just installed a Radeon HD7790 the other day and it's been doing this more frequently now. For some reason I can't recall if it was doing this before the card installation but I think it was but not as often. Could be wrong though and it's strange I can't remember right now.

So my specs are LX6810>Powercolor Radeon HD7790>HDMI>Monoprice HDMI 3D splitter>Denon 1910 receiver>Panasonic plasma and Epson projector.

I can still see the signal in the computer when I look at the audio devices in Windows 7 control panel but now sound. If I shut off the receiver and restart it then I have sound again. Any clue what this might be?

Edit: I am running a 5.1 set up so in Windows I configured my audio Device (the Denon) as 5.1. I get sound and then it cuts off. If I reconfigure it to another option such as stereo or quadrophonic I again get sound that plays and then cuts off without having to turn off and on the receiver. It would appear that something is getting switched off in Windows that gets reset briefly before cutting off again.

There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page