Trying to get PC resolutions instead of HD/SD in nvidia control panel - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-29-2013, 11:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have my desktop/gaming pc at home connected to my LG 37LH30 LCD TV. It seems that the resolutions in my nvidia control panel are setup to use HD/SD 1080p. What I want it to use is the PC resolutions below for 1920x1080. It seems that my whole desktop, font has a blurry effect to it. I know in the past there was an edid override hack using the phoenix software to extract the edid and then going in the registry to fix it.

Now the phoenix software is showing blank for my edid so I can't apply this hack. I'm getting headaches left and right due to this. When I used the override hack before, it would completely remove the HD/SD resolution section in my nvidia control panel and just the PC resolutions were there with 1920x1080 being the native resolution. This is what I want!

What can I do to get this working again?

Please help! Thanks. smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-30-2013, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I can't say exactly what nVidia is doing, but 1080p is 1080p. It could be a scaling or overscal issue creating the blurriness you're describing. Check your TV for overscan, even checking the manual for how to connect a PC - you may have to use a specific port, setting, or name to take the image as is, w/o overscan. Likewise, you need to check your nVidia control panel to eliminate any scaling. This is easy on an ATi HDxxxx video card, just not sure where you need to look in the nVidia Control Panel.

I tried to see what your TV called 1:1 pixel mapping... it's "JUST SCAN" according to this site: http://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-37LH30-lcd-tv
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page