Just got NFL Sunday Ticket & Red Zone 2013! How is the streaming quality online? - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 111 Old 10-16-2013, 04:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by StinDaWg View Post

You can get around that by using a Netherlands VPN. Every game is available, for free. I thought everyone already knew this, it's been that way for years.

I can't believe people pay $300 for this when they can get it for free.

Well I didn't pay $300 but seriously ?

Explain ? How would you get it without the subscription ?

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 111 Old 10-16-2013, 03:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post

Well I didn't pay $300 but seriously ?

Explain ? How would you get it without the subscription ?
It might be against the rules (or at least frowned upon) to post the step by step instructions here but if you google "how to get nfl game pass for free" you will have all the info you need. It's quite simple actually.

The gist of it is, for some reason the games are free if you live in the Netherlands, so if you connect to the site with a Netherlands IP address it will allow you to watch the games no matter where you live. Something about the NFL not having tv contracts there so they make the games available online to try to increase exposure.

You get every game. Condensed, full, Preseason, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Playoffs, and Super Bowl. No blackouts either.
post #93 of 111 Old 10-17-2013, 12:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I'm aware of the Netherlands and NFL, specifically the NFL Game Pass. But since this is about DirectTV's service, it's possible using an IP outside the US may not work with it. And those aware the NFL Game Pass service and how to use it, wouldn't be using DirectTV's online option or buying the Madden to get the service as well.

Nonetheless, what I said still holds true. Not all regions in the world, outside the US, show all the games. There games that are still blacked out and it can vary from region to region. Telling everyone to use the Netherlands may also cause the NFL to clue in and start blocking IPs that VPN's use for the Netherlands or worse, start charging again. On a side note, the this is only the second year the Netherlands has been free. I've been using the Netherlands and a VPN for four years, and well aware of the cost.
post #94 of 111 Old 10-20-2013, 10:01 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 12
it's go time!
post #95 of 111 Old 10-20-2013, 04:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Crappy week of football mad.gif I'm angry . All my picks were a bust, none of my teams won. mad.gif

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #96 of 111 Old 11-04-2013, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

Just curious, if one has ESPN via Cable or Satellite are they able to stream the Monday Night Football game from most providers?
post #97 of 111 Old 11-04-2013, 08:04 PM
Advanced Member

if you have ESPN from your TV provider, you may be able to stream it though WatchESPN. For Sunday Ticket, I don't believe you'll be able to because of the ESPN TV contract.
post #98 of 111 Old 11-06-2013, 05:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovekeiiy View Post

if you have ESPN from your TV provider, you may be able to stream it though WatchESPN. For Sunday Ticket, I don't believe you'll be able to because of the ESPN TV contract.

Yep, MNF definitely not on Sunday Ticket, but was more curious if you had a Pay TV provider could you stream it for free on watch ESPN? thanks
post #99 of 111 Old 11-06-2013, 05:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freetvEE View Post

Yep, MNF definitely not on Sunday Ticket, but was more curious if you had a Pay TV provider could you stream it for free on watch ESPN? thanks

Mnf
Snf
Tnf

All available verizon nfl mobile thru nfl app

Plus redzone so I use that for those

-

post #100 of 111 Old 11-06-2013, 07:25 AM

Liked: 16
Quote:

Yes, it's available on Comcast Xfinity at least. Xfinity streams are much nicer than the DirecTV in terms of quality, but I recall that they had some stuttering issues that made me a bit uncomfortable (almost as if it was running at much too low FPS). I'll try it out again sometime to see if that's still the case. It didn't bother me while watching SportsCenter, but during kickoffs, it was definitely noticeable.
post #101 of 111 Old 11-06-2013, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post

Mnf
Snf
Tnf

All available verizon nfl mobile thru nfl app

Plus redzone so I use that for those

Have you found any good way to get those games to your TV from your phone/tablet?
post #102 of 111 Old 11-06-2013, 11:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I have Comcast TV and internet, but only limited basic TV service. But I have seen on the WatchESPN that they'll have the MNF listed. Since I ESPN is not included with my TV service, I can't get any of the ESPN streams on WatchESPN; I can only get the stuff for ESPN3. I think you should be able to use the WatchESPN for MNF.

For TNF, you can actually just go to NFL.com. They will show the game. It's just a different feed from the one shown on the NFL network with different commentators. And it's free.

I don't have Verizon, so I'll speak in more general terms. To get the games on the TV are doing to depend on your device and the app. If your device can has some way to mirror, ie microHDMI, HML, docking station, and so forth, that will help connecting the device. After that, it depends on the app. Some apps have specific code that disables HDMI mirroring. Hulu Plus use to do this. Sprint TV (I have Sprint and includes Sprint TV includes EPSN mobile) and it disables HDMI mirroring. My guess, I think they'll have it disabled because of EPSN or something. NFL I don't think cares as much because the NFL Game Pass app allows HDMI mirroring. With that said, some people will analyze these kinds of apps and sometimes are able to mod it to allow HDMI mirroring.
freetvEE likes this.
post #103 of 111 Old 11-07-2013, 07:25 AM

Liked: 16
Quote:

For TNF, you can actually just go to NFL.com. They will show the game. It's just a different feed from the one shown on the NFL network with different commentators. And it's free.

They only show maybe 40-50% of the game via live "cut-ins". The rest is commentary and analysis from people sitting in the booth. I tried watching a game like this, and it was brutal. There would 15 minutes of analysis in the booth while the game was going on.
StinDaWg likes this.
post #104 of 111 Old 11-07-2013, 06:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlantNGo View Post

They only show maybe 40-50% of the game via live "cut-ins". The rest is commentary and analysis from people sitting in the booth. I tried watching a game like this, and it was brutal. There would 15 minutes of analysis in the booth while the game was going on.

I personally haven't watched a whole game on it. Just a few minutes here and there to see what they show and if worked. Last time I checked, I saw they used different camera angles and a lot of commentary. I think they only do it because not all TV service provides offer the NFL Network.

I personally use NFL's Game Pass service, which is available outside of the US and it's territories, plus a few other exclusions. When I started watching sports online when ESPN360, now WatchESPN was very early.

The bottom line, it is free. It will be a reliable in the video/audio quality, and how the game presented. The alternatives, NFL Game Pass, which isn't free to get to work, or sites like JustinTV, FrontRowSports, and so forth whose quality ranges significantly. So thus, the cost, may be just a less than stellar game presentation. As they say, nothing in life is free.
post #105 of 111 Old 11-10-2013, 06:56 AM - Thread Starter

I did watch part of a Thursday Night game or 2 on NFL.com and it was ok. I seem to remember different streams-maybe 1 being more commentary than the other even??? Like "Love" mentioned it's something and it's free so hard to complain too much... ;-)
post #106 of 111 Old 11-11-2013, 01:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The bottom line, it is free. It will be a reliable in the video/audio quality, and how the game presented. The alternatives, NFL Game Pass, which isn't free to get to work, or sites like JustinTV, FrontRowSports, and so forth whose quality ranges significantly. So thus, the cost, may be just a less than stellar game presentation. As they say, nothing in life is free.
Except Game Pass is free if you use a Netherlands VPN/proxy. If you are going to go out of your way to watch streams via firstrowsports, you are better off using the Game Pass trick to get better quality.
post #107 of 111 Old 11-11-2013, 09:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Except Game Pass is free if you use a Netherlands VPN/proxy. If you are going to go out of your way to watch streams via firstrowsports, you are better off using the Game Pass trick to get better quality.

What I said was true. Even if you can Game Pass service free, you still need a VPN, which can also cost money. I've heard of some VPNs being free, but you get what you pay for with them.

Next, the NFL is aware of people learning about the Netherlands being a free region and are now blocking IPs that are used some of the VPNs. I know for me, the VPN I used, no longer works when I use the servers used in the Netherlands. And there was three of them. I can still use Game Pass if I'm willing to pay for it. Not uncommon for similar services to do the same. I know CatchUpTV in the UK does this with certain IPs that are known to be used by VPNs to spoof a UK IP. My suggestion, at least so you can keep using the service for no extra cost, don't mention the free regions. There are enough bloggers who mention it and screw us over.

The best example is MLB At Bat app. I couldn't find the article, but some blogger, I think with Forbes (it was a major newspaper outlet) explained how to use the At Bat app instead of Full version and get all the games for less, hook up to the TV and circumvent the blackouts. It was last year, 2012, around May or June, where he talked about spoofing the GPS. MLB did an update and changed how they verify one's location. It took me months to figure out that puzzle. I was totally ticked off.

Granted, I don't think the forums like this pose the biggest thread, but it's probably where the reporters are getting the information. It's just the bigger picture.

Then again, this thread is more about NFL online service that's available through DirectTV. And question posed was it possible to watch the nationally televised games--Thursday Night Football, Sunday Night Football, and Monday Night Football. I was trying to give the limitations of the DirectTV serivce, that I was aware of, and what alternatives were available, both free and paid, focusing on the free. In that explaining, the differences of quality and reliability.

Lastly, not trying to be rude, but I suggest keep more track of what you say in this thread. That is the second time on page, that you have mentioned Game Pass and Netherlands; see posts 92 and 106. And I know, it's mentioned a few other times by others as well. Heck, in thread search, I've mentioned it as far back as August 31, but was using it as a reference. I know you're just sharing information. At this point, if people haven't figure it out, then they shouldn't use it. And this isn't even a long thread to read through, unlike some other threads that are over hundred pages long.
gonzo90017 likes this.
post #108 of 111 Old 11-11-2013, 02:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Lastly, not trying to be rude, but I suggest keep more track of what you say in this thread. That is the second time on page, that you have mentioned Game Pass and Netherlands; see posts 92 and 106. And I know, it's mentioned a few other times by others as well. Heck, in thread search, I've mentioned it as far back as August 31, but was using it as a reference. I know you're just sharing information. At this point, if people haven't figure it out, then they shouldn't use it. And this isn't even a long thread to read through, unlike some other threads that are over hundred pages long.
I know I've already mentioned it, but this is the second time you've said Game Pass isn't free, even after I posted the workaround earlier. There are plenty of free proxies that work, from multiple countries. You only need it to connect to the game pass website, once you are in you can disconnect and use your regular internet connection. If you are going to suggest people watch pirated streams on firstrowsports, then I'm going to suggest people use a proxy with Game Pass to get better quality.

As far as the NFL is concerned, the cat is way out of the bag.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-10-11/the-cheap-way-to-watch-every-nfl-nba-nhl-game-online
post #109 of 111 Old 11-11-2013, 09:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I know I've already mentioned it, but this is the second time you've said Game Pass isn't free, even after I posted the workaround earlier. There are plenty of free proxies that work, from multiple countries. You only need it to connect to the game pass website, once you are in you can disconnect and use your regular internet connection. If you are going to suggest people watch pirated streams on firstrowsports, then I'm going to suggest people use a proxy with Game Pass to get better quality.

As far as the NFL is concerned, the cat is way out of the bag.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-10-11/the-cheap-way-to-watch-every-nfl-nba-nhl-game-online

I didn't suggest they watch pirated streams of sports. What I was saying it was an option that happened to be free. I was trying to give an overall picture of the options available and the pros/cons for them.

Technically speaking, what I should have said about the Game Pass, it may have a cost--VPN/Proxy service or itself.

I didn't mean to imply that these various services didn't know people were using work arounds. This has been done for years. I've been doing this stuff for going on four years. But the more well know some of the tools are, the more the services work to defeat them. A excellent and recent example is MLB at Bat app on mobile devices. It use to be all you needed was a GPS Spoofer. You could watch any game. And if the mobile device had it, you could mirror on a TV. After an article in some major news outlet, I think Forbes, they went to a two process location check. Basically, it allowed people to use the service for have the price ($50 versus $100(or $120)), and watch games you're not suppose to. When the everyday man is using it, it gets their attention. There is a lot of money tied into those TV contracts.

So, when it becomes well know what regions are free, they're going to look into the IPs those services people are using, and block them. As an example, the VPN service I use, all the Netherlands IPs no longer work. I assume they will if I pay, since it's asking to subscribe. I was more than annoyed since it had been great to not shell out the $200 or $300 for it. Some of these services are constantly checking the location, so they're not as friendly as the NFL, so free the VPN/DNS Proxies suck cause they don't have the bandwidth for higher bitrates.

As a cord cutter, I use all kind of online sports services. The use a IP or GPS spoofing is critical for me. I started doing this stuff since 2009. So you're not telling anything I'm not aware or don't know.
post #110 of 111 Old 11-18-2013, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

Tonight's game is one NFL game I wish I could watch. Usually could care less about most MNF games...
post #111 of 111 Old 12-12-2013, 06:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Can you stream tonight's game with VPN ? How ?

-

Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page