Subwoofer + HDMI output - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 09-10-2013, 06:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the weirdest problem. When I first installed my surround 5.1 + receiver to HTPC, it was working perfectly fine. Now all of a sudden the subwoofer output really low volume (I'm bitstreaming, and it shows DTS-HDMA on receiver or TrueHD) I uninstall HDMI driver, disconnected subwoofer, reset receiver I tried everything...even sound setting in control panel, I still can't get subwoofer to output correctly...

Someone please help me, I'm really desperate...tried 3,4 days without success it's so frustrating..., could it be my subwoofer? it's only 2 weeks old. BTW every other channel's sound level is good except subwoofer, can barely feel it and it's not placement either since I haven't changed the placement...I tried 2 different graphic card also, same result...dunno what else could it be... is it possible that bitstreaming is outputting lower LFE level for some reason?

Receiver: Pioneer VSX-43
Windows 7 64bits
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-10-2013, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 67
What is your crossover point for the sub? Is the sub set up as LFA or Main+LFA. Please note, nomenclature may differ between AVR manufacturers, but should be covered in the Owner's Manual that came with the AVR.

6 TV's in the house on FiOS and we only pay $4.99/month to connect them all!!! Power to the CableCard and WMC7!!!
post #3 of 7 Old 09-10-2013, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter

it's set at 80 Hz and I tried both LFA and Main (Subwoofer and Plus under pioneer). I still get signal sent to subwoofer but it's output very low. It was working perfectly until few days ago all of sudden its output became really low...could it be the subwoofer failing?
post #4 of 7 Old 09-10-2013, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 250

Do you have another receiver you can try the sub on? Have you checked the sub trim on the receiver and the gain on the sub?

post #5 of 7 Old 09-10-2013, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

I don't have another receiver unfortunately...but what is sub trim? I'm not aware of this function, I have a pioneer elite vsx-43 I read the manual but I didn't find it... How can I make it show? thanks
post #6 of 7 Old 09-10-2013, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 250

The sub trim is the sub level, default value should be 0db. Check to see if its not set to something very low like -12db. If you bitstream audio from the HTPC then you can rule that out because its not processing the audio. Its either the receiver or sub that is causing the problem.

post #7 of 7 Old 09-10-2013, 02:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by KooSoul View Post

I don't have another receiver unfortunately...

Test by using the analog subwoofer output on your motherboard. You'll probably need a 1/8 to RCA adapter.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page