Multiple Media Browser's Running - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 09-11-2013, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I have kind of a weird anomaly. I have both an HTPC and a regular gaming PC on my home network, both are running Win7 Home. The HTPC houses all of my movies and recorded TV shows. Media Browser is installed on both PCs. On my gaming PC I have it another room and use it just to watch those TV shows and movies. Lately I've noticed when scrolling thru my list of movies, as the mouse pointer goes over the cover art, the cover art image will switch to a different image of the movie or the cover art image will disappear but its reflection is still there.

Here's an example. Check out the Looper cover art. It starts out with an image of them pointing guns at each other and they are above or below one another.

Now when i move the mouse and scroll on top of the Looper image, it changes to no guns and they are mirrored on top of each other. And if you look closely at the reflection underneath the cover art, you can see its the image of the original cover art, not the new one displayed.

Not all of my movies do this. It appears random on which ones change. In the movie folder, it only has 1 image labeled as "folder" and it's the new image.

Does having Media Browser running on 2 PCs cause a conflict on which metadata is being downloaded? Do I need to set one of the metadata refresh rates to off? If so how do I do that? I used Assassin's guides when setting up Media Browser.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-11-2013, 11:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 1023
I am failing to understand your problem... You want to choose a specific folder or cover ?

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #3 of 8 Old 09-11-2013, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter

So I've got WMC and Media Browser running on both the HTPC and gaming PC. The HTPC hdds hold all of my movies and tv shows. The gaming pc streams these over the home network. The problem is when moving my mouse over the DVD cover art, the picture changes. Not sure why. If media browser is running on both pcs with metadata updates, do I need to have only have metadata updates on 1 pc?

Does that clarify it at all? smile.gif
post #4 of 8 Old 09-11-2013, 11:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Yes... you should turn off the meta data on the client and let the machine with the media on it locally manage it. The client will just read whatever is actually inside your folder.

You might want to try out MB3 Classic, which is very much like MB2 with some improvements. It might work better in your situation since it runs a "server" client program that will feed the other clients MB3 client installs.

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #5 of 8 Old 09-11-2013, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

What is MB2 or MB3 classic?

I only see where to change the refresh cycle in Media browser, not where to turn it off.

post #6 of 8 Old 09-11-2013, 12:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

MB2 = Mediabrowser 2 (I think that is what you are using now, it's been out for a while now and assassin has had guides on it for a long time)

MB3 = Mediabrowser 3 (BETA) the soon to be released preview of the newer version. Mediabrowser 3 replaces MB2. They have a MB3 Classic which is very like MB2 in that it integrates into WMC and looks like it. Difference being you run a "server" program and a "client" program - but the design prevents issues like you are experiencing where one machine is doing it's own thing for meta data or artwork. With the new design only the "server" program handles that and feeds it out.
scott750 likes this.

-

post #7 of 8 Old 09-11-2013, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

Found the other Metadata tab. I guess I would uncheck "Allow Internet Providers" to stop metadata refreshes?

post #8 of 8 Old 09-11-2013, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

Wow didn't even know they were working on a new one. That's exactly what I need. I'm just nit I want to run beta software right now as other family members might get mad if something doesn't work right. Can't until they comes out of beta to try it. Mfusick thanks for your help!!
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page