Split video and audio on two different HDMI/DVI ports - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-16-2013, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

My problem is that I have a HDMI 1.3 capable receiver and a HDMI 1.4 3D projector. I am wondering if it is possible play 3D Blueray from my HTPC and send the video stream to my projector on a DVI->HDMI port and have the audio output (DTS Master Audio HD bitstream) sent to my HDMI 1.3 receiver using the HDMI port of the grapics card?

I have seen that for example the Oppo BPD-103 player has two HDMI outputs where it is possible to split the audio and video like this.

Is there anyone that have succeded with this configuration? What Graphics card are you using?

Best Regards,
Johan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-16-2013, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohanH79 View Post

Hi,

My problem is that I have a HDMI 1.3 capable receiver and a HDMI 1.4 3D projector. I am wondering if it is possible play 3D Blueray from my HTPC and send the video stream to my projector on a DVI->HDMI port and have the audio output (DTS Master Audio HD bitstream) sent to my HDMI 1.3 receiver using the HDMI port of the grapics card?

I have seen that for example the Oppo BPD-103 player has two HDMI outputs where it is possible to split the audio and video like this.

Is there anyone that have succeded with this configuration? What Graphics card are you using?

Best Regards,
Johan

Hi again,

Sorry for starting a new thread regarding the issue. I continued to search and found this info: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=21122837#post21122837

If I understand it correctly using e.g. a NVIDIA GTX 650 card will solve my problem:

"Remarks on the two cable solution of HD audio to HDMI 1.3 AVR and 3D video to the display

1. This works if and only if HD audio controller of the GPU supports dual audio stream, and only NVIDA and Intel GPUs support it. One audio stream is assigned to AVR, the "secondary" display, the other to the 3D display, "primary" display, in extended desktop mode. Select AVR as the sound playback device in the player. BTW HDMI and DVI with a DVI-HDMI adapter are completely equivalent in NVIDIA and Intel (audio over DVI port is disabled in some LGA 1155 mb, however).
"

BR,
Johan
post #3 of 4 Old 09-16-2013, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 23
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10113&cs_id=1011301&p_id=10249&seq=1&format=2

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10113&cs_id=1011306&p_id=8204&seq=1&format=2

Not sure if DVI would work for the 3-D, it might. If not, one of the two above splitters would do the trick for you. I have the second one, not for 3D but for getting 1 source to 2 displays and it has been rock solid.

It states that they both support 3D but the first one supports 4K in case you want to future proof.
post #4 of 4 Old 09-16-2013, 06:24 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Every latest GeForce and Intel graphics in Core i3/5/7 will work. If you already have a Radeon card, a workaround is add a cheap "HDMI sound card" such as Radeon HD 5450 (the card works even in a PCIe x1 slot, but you have to cut out the closed end of the slot).
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page