post #61 of 70 Old 09-23-2013, 05:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj View Post

Watching four streams would be more of an issue with head seeking on the hard drive than on your network.

+1

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 70 Old 09-23-2013, 05:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_Steb View Post

Blu Ray has a maximum bitrate of 54 Mbit/s or 6.75 MB/s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post

add possibly up to another 6Mbit/sec for audio tongue.gif

It should be perfectly fine to stream multiple movies over his LAN even at his current level of performance suggested by his LAN speed and his HDD tests.

If his goal is to improve it- he would need to add a higher quality gigabit switch, a high quality directly run CAT 6 cable (shorter with fewer bends) and a higher quality NIC LAN card (like Intel PCI x1 slot card) - if he wants faster LAN performance.

Or- if HDD he would simply need faster HDD's. But again- even the 60MB/sec green drive should be fast enough.

My advice to OP would be to turn your Cosmos II into a server (that case can make a good server) and build a client HTPC that is closer to the TV. But I dont think you should have any trouble running a couple streams of the same movie from the same HDD. Do you really need more ? Or just testing ?

While my system can run a few streams- I have never found the need for it in real life to do it.

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #63 of 70 Old 09-23-2013, 09:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi All,

i think now everything looks good after updating my Sata Drivers. Right now i am getting the same speeds but i am not getting any buffer while watching movies in 4 of my different pcs using Total Media Theater 6 player.
When i use VLC player while watching original Blu ray movies, i get buffer sometimes but it eventually goes after a while as it takes some time for movie to be buffer

I think everything is ok for me.

Thanks a lot for everyone who helped me patiently

Once again thanks a lot
post #64 of 70 Old 09-23-2013, 09:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mfusick,

I have Dlink DGS -108 8 Port Gigbit Switch and Linksys E4200 Router and gigabit wireless router

http://www.dlink.com/us/en/business-solutions/switching/unmanaged-switches/desktop/dgs-108-8-port-gigabit-ethernet-switch
http://www.amazon.com/Cisco-Linksys-E4200-Dual-Band-Wireless-N-Router/dp/B004K1EZDS

I have router kept in living room with modem connected directly to router and i am running a Cat 6 cable form Router to my switch to my bedroom where HTPC is located

Do you think that router and switch are capable enough to generate high speeds over the network as you are recommending me to get higher switches ?
post #65 of 70 Old 09-24-2013, 04:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 58
I had a port on my 4200 that would only connect at 100 and not gig speeds. Look through the Web interface to make sure you don't have the same issue happening. It was intermittent and drove me insane when I would transfer files.

Bill
post #66 of 70 Old 09-25-2013, 02:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfattbill View Post

I had a port on my 4200 that would only connect at 100 and not gig speeds. Look through the Web interface to make sure you don't have the same issue happening. It was intermittent and drove me insane when I would transfer files.

Bill
I had a nic, that when set to auto negotiate, would only connect at 100. You had to force it to giga in order for it to run at that speed.
post #67 of 70 Old 09-25-2013, 08:32 AM - Thread Starter

All my connections in all my systems are showing up 1 Gbps
post #68 of 70 Old 09-25-2013, 08:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinku2012 View Post

All my connections in all my systems are showing up 1 Gbps

What does the network set up look like?

I had 3 things going to my E4200 that was also hooked to a 10 port switch with 9 things going to it. The connection between it and the router was the issue and the ONLY reason I found it was because my primary system was hooked to the router and my server was hooked to the switch and sometimes moving movies from one to the other was FAST and other times not so much. Going into the router admin and looking at the port status allowed me to see the issue.

Bill
post #69 of 70 Old 09-25-2013, 09:05 AM - Thread Starter

Hi,

i have Comcast Modem directly connected to E4200 Router. from 1 port i have connected Cat6 cable to Switch. I have connected Cat 6 cable from HTPC to Switch and all other pcs are connected to that switch.
post #70 of 70 Old 10-20-2013, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter

Hi All,

good news.. I have upgraded my LAN Drivers on Both HTPC and my system in bedroom and i am getting speeds between 90 to 100 MBPS all the time ( without any signal drop). I an getting 105 to 110MBPS speed continuously from my new Seagate 4 tb HD (5400 RPM Drive).

Yesterday i have upgraded my PC to windows 8.1 and i am getting same speeds. I am guessing all these days drivers was the issue

Thanks a Lot for everyone who helped me
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page