USB 3.0 is not working - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-21-2013, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I keep on getting USB recgonized. The drivers seem up to date. What would I have to do to confirm that the issue is with the MOBO and not something else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-21-2013, 08:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
You wrote that you are getting the message "USB recognized" Is there a USB 3 device that is not working? Are you sure you are plugging into a motherboard port that supports USB3? Check your motherboard manual. If you are using a hub you need a hub that supports USB 3, a cable which supports USB3 and the hub needs to be plugged into a motherboard USB3 port. Also make sure you have a current USB3 driver for your device and hub if you are using a hub. Sometime I need to reboot the computer before changes take place.
post #3 of 4 Old 09-22-2013, 08:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Well the device was not actually a USB 3.0 Device, it was simply a logitech wireless keyboard with a USB adapter. In my HTPC the USB3.0 jacks are in the front and in my setup, this allows for better reception and much smoother response time. In the back is where the 2.0 jacks are and while they work, since it is in the back of the PC it simply is not as fluent.

I am guessing that the 3.0 jack "kind a works" since I am getting a non recgonizible message, but my keyboard used to work when in the 3.0 jack and now it doesn't.
post #4 of 4 Old 09-22-2013, 09:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Typically a USB 3 port supports a USB 2 device. With my logitech MX revolution mouse and diNovo edge keyboard I needed to update the drivers or setpoint, I don't remember which. Go to the logitech web site and update setpoint and the device drivers.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page