Help me build a HTPC for less than $800 - Just movies and music - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 364 Old 05-20-2014, 06:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 589
You shouldn't lose any data unless a drive fails in the interim so that's probably ok. You seem to have attacked the problem with a flame thrower and a scorched earth policy - I like that.

Not the fastest, but the most complete and total destruction of the thing that angers you. You get extra credit for style points smile.gif

I'll be curious to see if the problem is fixed (I'd guess yes)

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 364 Old 05-20-2014, 08:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 201
It finished successfully at some point overnight. I honestly didn't look at the completion time.

My temporary fix before this was to pull back the 388GB of demo material off of the FlexRAID array. I had put about 250GB back before I rebuilt the parity drive, so this morning I started copying the remaining 138GB to it and set up a scheduled update that should have kicked off about 25 minutes ago. So far, knock on wood, no error email. I should have set it to send me a "success" email as well, but since I can't do anything with it until after work anyway, I will just assume that "no news is good news" especially since Updates would error out within about 20-30 seconds of starting before.

I am sure that there was a "less destructive" fix, but it was getting late, I was frustrated about this and about spending 2 hours on the phone with an work issue because someone else screwed something up, so I went the "start over" method figuring that as long as a data drive didn't fail, that I would get the cleanest parity drive fix.
post #363 of 364 Old 05-20-2014, 08:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 589
Usually it's a corrupted file, or something that did not delete properly... crap like that causes it. If you check the logs and then seek and destroy you can remove the trouble without restarting over. But in the end, you are fresh start so that's not a bad thing.

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #364 of 364 Old 05-20-2014, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 201
I checked the main FlexRAID log file on the root of my C: drive and scrolled down to the bottom to get the most recent. Whenever it would bomb out, it just said that there wasn't enough space. I tried to search the drive for bad files, but I just saw the FlexRAID files and a recycle bin (although I wonder if the recycle bin was the problem as I didn't know why a parity drive would have one).
Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
Silverstone Black Milo Series Ml05b Mini Itx Media Center Htpc Case , Asrock , Asrock Z87m Extreme4 Lga1150 Intel Z87 Chipset Ddr3 Quad Crossfirex Quad Sli Sata3 Usb3 0 Microatx M
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page