XBMC and CIH 2.35:1 screens - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 10-04-2013, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ScAndal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Minneapolis, MN USA
Posts: 425
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I'm starting to configure my xbmc pc and wondering how people are using it with scope screens.

Has anyone modified a skin to work with this aspect ratio?
ScAndal is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 Old 10-04-2013, 10:54 AM
Advanced Member
 
mrfattbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 795
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScAndal View Post

I'm starting to configure my xbmc pc and wondering how people are using it with scope screens.

Has anyone modified a skin to work with this aspect ratio?

I ended up running a custom resolution on the desktop (1920 * 800) and then using the PM3-HD skin and setting XBMC to run full resolution (1920*1080) and THEN setting the zoom features within XBMC appearance options to -20%, so the skin fits decently and then 2.35 video plays at the proper resolution, for 1.78 I adjust it when I watch the video the first time.

Bill
mrfattbill is offline  
post #3 of 12 Old 10-04-2013, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ScAndal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Minneapolis, MN USA
Posts: 425
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Thanks Bill, you've given me something to go off of. I'll see if I can replicate that.
ScAndal is offline  
post #4 of 12 Old 10-04-2013, 12:25 PM
Advanced Member
 
mrfattbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 795
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScAndal View Post

Thanks Bill, you've given me something to go off of. I'll see if I can replicate that.

Good luck. I had ZERO luck finding a skin made for CIH so that was my solution, if you try other skins you will quickly notice that they actually HIDE the side menus off the screen which if you set the zoom that way you can still see mad.gif

Bill
mrfattbill is offline  
post #5 of 12 Old 10-10-2013, 01:48 AM
Newbie
 
DoghouseCinema's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Interested in testing one?

 

HomescreenThumb.jpg

MyMovieNavShowcasethumb.jpg

MyMovieNavSidemenuThumb.jpg

DialogFullscreenInfoThumb.jpg

DialogSeekBarThumb.jpg

VideoOSDThumb.jpg

This is a skin I am working on adapting based on Aeon Nox.  So far I have most of the video tree done and a simple setting switches back and forth between CIW and CIH.  Note the skin cannot auto zoom your 1.85 movies to fit, or detect AR and change based on that (due to XBMC not knowing 2.35 films in a 1.85 container are 2.35).  I do not plan to do the audio, pvr, pictures and other parts of XBMC, just the video tree to display my movies on my CIH projector setup.  

 

I have almost completed work to get this much out.  I don't know yet where I will post it.  When I do, I will follow up this post and one I have responded to on XBMC.  Hang in there...I've been waiting many years for a CIH XBMC skin, I finally decided to help myself....hopefully it may help you as well soon.

DoghouseCinema is offline  
post #6 of 12 Old 10-17-2013, 01:31 PM
Newbie
 
haujob242's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi DoghouseCinema,

your skin looks great. That is exactly what I am looking for.
haujob242 is offline  
post #7 of 12 Old 10-17-2013, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ScAndal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Minneapolis, MN USA
Posts: 425
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoghouseCinema View Post

Interested in testing one?

HomescreenThumb.jpg
MyMovieNavShowcasethumb.jpg
MyMovieNavSidemenuThumb.jpg
DialogFullscreenInfoThumb.jpg
DialogSeekBarThumb.jpg
VideoOSDThumb.jpg
This is a skin I am working on adapting based on Aeon Nox.  So far I have most of the video tree done and a simple setting switches back and forth between CIW and CIH.  Note the skin cannot auto zoom your 1.85 movies to fit, or detect AR and change based on that (due to XBMC not knowing 2.35 films in a 1.85 container are 2.35).  I do not plan to do the audio, pvr, pictures and other parts of XBMC, just the video tree to display my movies on my CIH projector setup.  

I have almost completed work to get this much out.  I don't know yet where I will post it.  When I do, I will follow up this post and one I have responded to on XBMC.  Hang in there...I've been waiting many years for a CIH XBMC skin, I finally decided to help myself....hopefully it may help you as well soon.

I'll give it a try! Aeon Nox is what I run so i'm extremely interested.
ScAndal is offline  
post #8 of 12 Old 10-20-2013, 06:05 AM
Newbie
 
DoghouseCinema's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Quick question for you guys...what content do you display on your CIH screen?  Audio, Pictures, TV, PVR etc....

Are you using a zooming projector for 1.85 content, or just showing 1.85 content at reduced resolution?

What AR is your CIH screen?  2.35:1, 2.40:1 etc..I did 2.40, but know others have 2.35...I don't want to miss a common AR

 

Originally I was just doing the CIH thing for the Movie/Video Tree, but I have just about completed modding the entire Confluence skin for CIH.  (Aeon Nox is a complicated skin, wanted to get a better idea of structure thus the work with the simpler Confluence...I have the video tree mostly done in Aeon as seen above).  As such, I have decided to do full mods to three skins, Confluence, Ace, and Aeon Nox and your input will help as some variables need to be setup from the start or it means going back and redoing stuff.  

 

Thanks for you input.

DoghouseCinema is offline  
post #9 of 12 Old 10-28-2013, 02:56 PM
Newbie
 
DoghouseCinema's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Alright.  I have set up project pages for the skins I am modding.  You can find them at my website http://www.doghousecinema.com

 

Confluence has quite a bit done.

Aeon Nox has the video tree mostly done, and work on the rest has begun.

Alaska HD work has started.

Rather than do Ace, I have decided to wait for Aeon MQ5 to be completed by MQ and then mod it.

DoghouseCinema is offline  
post #10 of 12 Old 01-01-2014, 11:44 AM
Newbie
 
fidali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i have done one using the "refocus" skin. It's converted to 2.35.1 then themed it like imax.

have a look. youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NujRMr4apCk







fidali is offline  
post #11 of 12 Old 03-08-2014, 08:39 PM
Member
 
aniv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
can you post a link to the skin? looks great,
aniv is offline  
post #12 of 12 Old 05-15-2014, 11:12 PM
Member
 
DAlba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Baton Rouge, LA USA
Posts: 198
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Ditto.. I would love to have IMAX skin. Please share:)
DAlba is offline  
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off