Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-04-2013, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 11
My HTPC is a laptop with an AMD HD6400M

It would be great to know if there is a 'best' version to use? I wish it was easy to figure out what video playback improvements are made in the different driver version.

thx for helping!

________
Ltek

my setup: XBMC, Windows Media Center, Z-Wave/Insteon automation, Paradigm-Parasound-Onkyo-Velodyne Home Theater, 110" DIY Screen & BenQ W1070
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-04-2013, 11:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Sacramento delta N. Cal. US Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 464 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Usually the Amd certified stable drivers are best on any ATI Radeon /Amd chipset regardless of card mfr. I would stay away from the beta builds .
driver improvements *usually pertain to 3D games . 1080p playback is not hard at all for any modern
GPU .

Quote:
Livin wrote:
I wish it was easy to figure out what video playback improvements are made in the different driver version.
It is easy read the release notes they are posted ,improvements are explained in detail .

Best thing to do is find your driver and read the release notes and see if any of the issues addressed ,new game profiles ,or improvements pertain to your use if not no point in changing drivers .

Latest AMD catalyst drivers are here http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Don't forget a thumbs up if this has been helpful for you!
Bizzy G.L.X. likes this.

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. "can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page