Streacom - Support Thread - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 10-06-2013, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello everyone,

first off, I want to give you a rough overview of who you are dealing with. This might be my first post on AVS forums, but I have been lurking around for quite some time now.

My name is Oliver, I joined Streacom in May this year and in order to do so moved from Germany to China. At Streacom I am involved in many things such as Marketing, PR, Support and Product Development. The interest for computers came into my life at an early age, so I grew up with it and with time, I made it my passion more and more, starting with Gaming, followed by Overclocking including volt modding and building my own cooling solutions and cases (in the way you can do that in your parents' garage). Later one things went a little more extreme by using liquid nitrogen and hunting for World Records in the world of Benchmarking. Luckily I had the chance to live my dream by producing a print magazine in Germany which focused on Overclocking, Casemodding and Cooling. After that I worked for a IT distributor and re-seller. Long story short: I spent a lot of time playing around with different kinds hardware and with that gained a lot of joy, frustration and experience.

Why am I here? There is no doubt, that AVS is one of the top communities in the world wide web for Home Theaters and we at Streacom are on the constant pursuit for perfection for our products. That is not an easy task, since the IT business is in a constant change, yet some things remain unchanged for decades and unfortunately, there are limitations on the production side of things. However, we build our products not for ourselves, but for you, so a vivid exchange of ideas, information and feedback is another step forwards perfection and more joy and happiness for you, who use our products.

I will post updates on what we are working on, when we think work on something will be finished and most importantly ask for your opinion. But please don't be shy and ask me about anything that crosses your mind. There is a reason for everything and I will try to answer everything I can. In urgent cases, i.e. if you need spare parts or assistance by completing your build in order to have a working (HT)PC, you can also use our "new" ticket based contact form at http://www.streacom.com/contact/ , which makes sure, your inquiry will be 100% read, as fast as possible. Internet here in China is a little sloppy and when I am jumping around in the factory, it might take a while until I manage to answer here.

Okay, that's it for a start, sorry for the wall of text, I tried to be brief, but that doesn't always work out. I blame my journalistic past for that. Have a great Sunday and onto a fruitful cooperation here at AVS forums! smile.gif

Oh, and any rumours about name changes of our products are false. There are no plans or intentions to do so.

Oliver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 10-06-2013, 09:24 AM

Great to have some officials from Streacom around smile.gif

I have one question: When do you expect your NUC case(s) to hit the market? And what about the higher powered PSUs?
post #3 of 12 Old 10-06-2013, 09:41 AM - Thread Starter

Hello nilsga,

NC1 has been sent to our distributors in Europe over a week ago, so they will be available shortly. Depending on how many new products they have waiting, it takes a bit until they finished taking pictures and writing descriptions.

Higher rated PSUs in the forms of Nano180 and StreaFlex 250 will be most likely done next month, first to be released will be StreaFlex 250, shortly after Nano180. 

post #4 of 12 Old 10-13-2013, 10:48 PM

One more question. With the new line of Haswell-CPUs, many of the motherboard manufacturers moved the location of the CPU socket on the mini-ITX boards to the left instead of right (seen from the IO-panel). Will these motherboards fit somehow in the FC8 EVO?
post #5 of 12 Old 10-13-2013, 11:40 PM - Thread Starter

Hello nilsga,

we are currently testing 2 different methods to counter this issue: a short heatpipe set, especially for FC8 Evo and using HT4 + the FC5/9/10 heatpipes. Either way, we will have a solution for that to increase compatibility.

Oliver

post #6 of 12 Old 11-05-2013, 03:30 PM

Where can I buy the 250 watt PSU for ST FC10B in the UK now ?

or should I just buy a 400W fan-less seasonic PSU and pop it on the shelf behind the FC10?

I am wanting to build the following

Haswell i5 4570

16gb Corsair XMS ddr3 ram (2x 8gb sticks)

Gigabyte gaz 87mx-d3h

2x Seagate 3tb drives

1x ssd corsair force gt 120gb

also need a thin slotted dvd / blu ray drive

I am guessing this will just be above the 150w as I want to play games on my 42" TV

want it very quiet when watching movies, so wanting a HTPC / games rig (80/20%) split

post #7 of 12 Old 11-06-2013, 09:52 AM

Just wrote a message on the contact me page on streacom website as you suggested Oliver.
I haven't had an email back with a confirmation that a message has been created or anything like a "ticket" for support

Any Idea's??

post #8 of 12 Old 11-06-2013, 10:52 AM

Okay, just got a reply, said

Hi,

thank you for your enquiry.

The 250watt will be ready soon, we plan to finish it in 2013 and ship to our customers.

please check www.quietpc.co.uk in uk for more updates

streacom.

not really what i wanted to hear as I would like to build next week.
Think I will have to go SilverStone case with slow 120mm fans for a positive pressure.

post #9 of 12 Old 11-06-2013, 10:03 PM - Thread Starter

Hello tiredeyes69,

we have customers with similar spec'ed configurations using the Nano150 without any issues, but with the worst case power draw for your components it is not perfectly safe to recommend the Nano150. The upcoming Nano180 and StreaFlex/ZeroFlex 250 will be better suited for high power consumtion setups.

Oliver
post #10 of 12 Old 11-29-2013, 06:33 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreacomSupport View Post

we are currently testing 2 different methods to counter this issue: a short heatpipe set, especially for FC8 Evo and using HT4 + the FC5/9/10 heatpipes. Either way, we will have a solution for that to increase compatibility.

Oliver

I'm going to purchase FC8 and plannig to use ASRock Z87E-ITX. Have you got the solution yet? Thanks for your answer.

Artur

StreacomSupport likes this.
post #11 of 12 Old 11-29-2013, 09:15 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 24
no US distributor?
post #12 of 12 Old 12-02-2013, 12:53 AM - Thread Starter

apawlowski, unfortunately it will take until Q1 next year to produce the kit.

bulls, www.QuietPCusa.com started listing our products in the USA.

BR,
Oliver
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page