Looking for ~$300 HTPC for Hi10P playback - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 35 Old 10-16-2013, 04:18 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 39

ASRock is a fine choice, in many ways I prefer it to Asus (they are the same company, Asrock is their 'budget' line). Also when reading reviews of that case, I noticed many people say the case fan is loud and replace it with a quieter one, something to consider (if you notice the noise).

Are you planning to have wifi or any kind of remote to control it?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 10-16-2013, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defcon View Post

ASRock is a fine choice, in many ways I prefer it to Asus (they are the same company, Asrock is their 'budget' line). Also when reading reviews of that case, I noticed many people say the case fan is loud and replace it with a quieter one, something to consider (if you notice the noise).

Are you planning to have wifi or any kind of remote to control it?
Not yet - I'm planning to wire it up to my router because ny tv is on top of my router. No plans for remote yet, i have an extra mouse and a bluetooth keyboard so i was planning on using them.

Any advice on what extra stuff could be useful? Note that this will be my first pc (usually I use laptops, and last time I used a pc for entertainment was like 10 years ago to game at home)
post #33 of 35 Old 10-16-2013, 09:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 42
You can get a WMC remote from Newegg for about $25, which is often on sale for about $15. Lenovo makes a cool micro-keyboard and thumb-mouse thing that goes on sale for $35 for cross-room use.

Electrical tape is great for reducing the number of lights on the front of the case.
post #34 of 35 Old 10-16-2013, 09:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lespurgeon View Post

You can get a WMC remote from Newegg for about $25, which is often on sale for about $15. Lenovo makes a cool micro-keyboard and thumb-mouse thing that goes on sale for $35 for cross-room use.

Electrical tape is great for reducing the number of lights on the front of the case.

Noted. Saw the micro keyboard but looked weird to me. Perhaps I should get a hands on. Electrical tape noted. I saw some Rosewill remotes in Newegg around that price. Will check them out and keep eyes open for remote deals. Too bad I missed a Lenovo deal a couple of weeks ago.

post #35 of 35 Old 10-16-2013, 10:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Sacramento delta N. Cal. US Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Quoted: 526 Post(s)
Liked: 364
Favi mini R/F wireless keyboard w./ touch pad is cool thats what I use. about ~$ 20 -$25.00
You can use reg browser with it also works fine in WMC USB R/F receiver keyboard also charges with USB
work s pretty good logitech has something similar touchpad is cool for WMC.
you can change L/R U/D on touch pad and use it in horizontal or vertical orientation .
has a laser pointer also if you want to spook someone or use it as a presentation tool
or see if you can screw up your TV screen with it!

http://www.amazon.com/FE01-BL-Wireless-Keyboard-Mouse-Touchpad/dp/B003UE52ME

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -
Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
Zotac

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page