stripe through screen jvc x30 projector with radeon hd7870 HTPC - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 10-16-2013, 07:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi,

Hope someone can help me with a problem i have for months which is just unbearable!

I have a HTPC with a radeon hd7870 GPU.
Throughout the whole screen on my jvc x30 from left to right i get a stripe which 'cuts' the picture and dislocates it a couple of inches, i.e. the top half of the picture gets moved a bit to the left and the lower part to the right, this only happens with moving pictures, not with a static screen!
What is also strange that this does not occur with my main pc screen which is one floor below the HT.
it is anoying to a point that i don't view movies which are full screen anymore (with anamorphic content the stripe/cut is just above the picture so those movies i can still watch.

In these months i have posted the problem on a dutch forum, no result, further updated drivers, tried different hdmi cables, tried al sorts of settings in W7 and catalyst (more or less tried them all i think) without any result. It is driving me nuts.mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

When i throw catalist out of my system, the problem is gone, if i install it again, there it is...
I need a GPU because of the HTPC software i am running (frame interpolation and madvr).

It is not easy to photograph but i tried with my iphone.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page