I'm looking for a either a ready-made or to build a box, that will be running Windows 7, with Plex media server and client at the same time.
My requirements are:
- Will have both, plex server and client on it. (I have a high-end server, with ESXi (vmware) on it, and the unRAID is a virtual machine. I have enough resources (HDD, memory and CPU), where i can create a virtual machine to run Plex Media server on it. This way, i can run only the client on this new HTPC. If this can work, then the new HTPC can run plex client only.)
- I want it to play everything, literally all video formats, including 4K movies that is coming up.
- Should support all audio types, and should connect to audio systems.
- must have a decent nice and simple remote control.
- must be as small as possible (HTPC box, small form factor, similar to the Zbox or intel NUC).
- don't need any local storage for media, since all my data is centralized on an unRAID system.
- it should be silent (don't mind a lil unnoticeable noise).
- should be able to play Netflix, Hulu, Youtube....etc.
so is there anything available? or i should build one? if i will build, what components you suggest to provide the above requirements?
Price is not a major issue, as long as i get all the above (of course something reasonable).
I have previously tested raspberry pi (rasplex), with only the client on it, and the server was on my desktop. Honestly, it worked, easily. However, the main drawback was that with my collection of over 200 tv shows and 3,000 movies, it was way too slow to navigate, and even sometimes slow to fast forward and play any content.
If only raspberry pi had let's say 2 or 3 times the speed it has, it would have solved my problem.
Awaiting your suggestions,,,