Cinavia and miracast question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-25-2013, 06:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

For any device that supports miracast and is also cinvavia compliant. Does the cinavia protection cover the miracast stream as well?

I only wonder as I am looking to buy the xbox one and 1 of the things I want to use it for is as a miracast streaming device from my phone/tablet.

My understaning is that the phone/tablet is playing the mkv, but that cinavia protection is built into the audio track and therefore I imagine is also sent via miracast through the device.

I am not sure if it would just cut the miracast stream, or would stop my phone/tablet playing the video? or just do nothing.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

I also want to caveat that this is all on blu-ray rips on blu-rays I own that are sat in a box in the cuboard. Please do not extend this discusion into pirated content.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-25-2013, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 214
I don't think anyone know for sure at this point. The PS3 for instance will pick up Cinavia in any digital media file it tries to play.

I don't think all bluray players that have DLNA type capabilities work that way though. At least not yet...

Are your files compressed in some way?

My HTPC front end set up
Integration for whole home ATSC, CableCARD, FM radio, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, DVD, VHS control & capture, video games, and archived & streaming media playback
Mironto's Panasonic plasma black level restoration guide
Restore the initial MLL on a 2009 Panasonic plasma
post #3 of 3 Old 10-26-2013, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks pitt. That's what I thought. there aren't many players that fall into this category yet (if any)

and dlna isn't quite the same as miracast. Guess ill just have to hope someone tests this out when the xbox one is released

My files are not compressed at all (make mkv straight rip)

Although I might well end up using something like plex in the end and transcoding. But I understand this doesn't make a difference.

Cheers

Reply Home Theater Computers