Maybe a stupid question but - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 10-29-2013, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Beginning to build and setup a HTPC with an HD Homerun Prime.

My question is about the channels that come across in SD. I understand that the recording will be done in 480p but will the WMC on upscale the feed to the television? If not is there any possible solution to that issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-29-2013, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farish View Post

Beginning to build and setup a HTPC with an HD Homerun Prime.

My question is about the channels that come across in SD. I understand that the recording will be done in 480p but will the WMC on upscale the feed to the television?
Yes. It will typically be 4:3 filling the screen top to bottom with bars on the sides. You can zoom several different ways in WMC to stretch, crop or letterbox as you like. You could use your TV's zoom options as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 8 Old 10-29-2013, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 205
i actually think they will be interlaced

Integration for whole home ATSC, CableCARD, FM radio, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, DVD, VHS control & capture, video games, and archived & streaming media playback

Restore the initial MLL on a 2009 Panasonic plasma
post #4 of 8 Old 10-29-2013, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 227
I believe so as well (480i for SD). WMC will convert everything to whatever your screen resolution is set at. Don't worry about it.

Often, ppl want leave output video to be exactly like input so that you can use external video processors to process them better than WMC (it does a so so job). But this is not possible with WMC.
post #5 of 8 Old 10-29-2013, 01:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farish View Post

Beginning to build and setup a HTPC with an HD Homerun Prime.My question is about the channels that come across in SD. I understand that the recording will be done in 480p but will the WMC on upscale the feed to the television? If not is there any possible solution to that issue?

What exactly is your issue?

Sent from my Nexus 7
post #6 of 8 Old 10-29-2013, 01:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsoccer33 View Post

i actually think they will be interlaced
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 View Post

I believe so as well (480i for SD).
How can you tell? I'd check if I knew how.

EDIT: Nevermind. 411 Info or MediaInfo should do the trick. I'll give it a try later.

post #7 of 8 Old 10-29-2013, 02:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 205
I just don't think any cable company sends a progressive feed for sd. Ntsc standards were all interlaced .

411+info might tell you. You could see if you opened a recording up in a program that reads the media info.

Integration for whole home ATSC, CableCARD, FM radio, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, DVD, VHS control & capture, video games, and archived & streaming media playback

Restore the initial MLL on a 2009 Panasonic plasma
post #8 of 8 Old 10-29-2013, 02:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 227
WMC debug screen should tell you that. 411 + Info (or Ctrl+D) to start the debug mode. Flip through to the last screen should show you the source video format.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page