Scraping and metadata files in XBMC Frodo - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 11-03-2013, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have to do a complete reinstall and before I do I wanted to update and clean up all of my metadata.

1st question is if I am understanding this right... all xbmc looks for now for movie is -fanart.jpb and -poster and .nfo

From previous version I still have files... backdrop.jpg, fanart.jpg, movie.jpg, poster.jpg, folder.jpg, .tbn, movie.xml
Should I delete all of this?

Also I'm using Ember Media Manager like I always have in the past.
I still have 'extrathumbs' folders that EMM recognizes and shows as present but does not supply this when scraping new movies. Is this still proper for XBMC Frodo?

A little confused on this since I tried Media Center Manager for a few movies and it made a folder called 'extrafanart'....
So which one of these is right and why isn't EMM making either for new movies? I clicked the 'Frodo' option in the configuration settings.

One last thing MCM also made these files.... multiple backdrop.jpgs....backdrop1, backdrop2, backdrop3 etc
Are these supposed to be there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-03-2013, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, disregard the comment about EMM not downloading extrathumbs.... it was because I had it do a full scan and download. If I do a movie individually I can select them.

Main question now is about deleting all the extra things as well as the oddball files MCM made....
post #3 of 7 Old 11-03-2013, 03:03 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Don't use MCM but those backdrop files look like they are for a MediaBrowser installation - is there a setting in MCM that allows scraping of data for specific front ends - sure looks like it. Maybe want to check and turn off. That being said if you are using xbmc I would say it would be safe to delete them from your folders.
post #4 of 7 Old 11-03-2013, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I'm not feeling to confident about MCM for XBMC. From what I can see I have it set up all for XBMC but it still makes those extra files.... I think that program is geared more for MediaBrowser.

Getting everything updated with EMM now.

Thanks.

BTW: What do you use?
post #5 of 7 Old 11-03-2013, 05:28 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhutt View Post

Yeah, I'm not feeling to confident about MCM for XBMC. From what I can see I have it set up all for XBMC but it still makes those extra files.... I think that program is geared more for MediaBrowser.

Getting everything updated with EMM now.

Thanks.

BTW: What do you use?

I think the default for MCM is to download all backdrops. You can set it to 1. I use boxee but I have the movie.nfo & folder.jpg that boxee uses + backdrop.jpg, movie.xml & fanart.jpg. you can (and I have in the past) customize everything that it downloads & it has presets for xbmc/boxee/media browser/etc. I used EMM a bit before MCM & MCM blew it away. Especially for TV shows. Most of the time I don't even see what MCM is doing, unless it gets multiple hits for a movie & asks to confirm, it's all automatic. It still has it's quirks, but it's made my cataloging much easier.
post #6 of 7 Old 11-04-2013, 10:40 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I flit between MCM and EMM but I find EMM to be better for XBMC. I have configured MCM to produce metadata and backdrops etc for XBMC but the files it produces are not picked up by XBMC. whereas EMM works every time.

Something that is frustrating with both scrappers is that neither will provide UK certifications, despite configuring both to use UK XBMC always displays US certifications.

David
post #7 of 7 Old 11-04-2013, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

Well, if I am correct about this... I think I am. One thing that makes EMM a clear winner for me is that I can completely edit everything it does from the entire nfo file with a nice gui screen to all of the artwork. And even pull jpg's directly from the video file.
AFAIK MCM can't do this.... and if you have videos that don't exist on IMDB or any of the scrapers then this is very important.
I've created pseudo tv shows to handle TV DVD extras as well as many movie related things.
Will probably do something similar with home movies in the future as well.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page