play mkv file with lpcm 6 channel sound - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-05-2013, 12:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hello, I download a movie which is mkv file with lpcm 6 channel sound. When I play the movie with powerdvd 13, total media player 5 or potplayer ( I have receiver Sony STR-dn1040 connected with hdmi 1.4 to videocart ATI 7730) the receiver shows PCM. I use LAV audio and video codecs with Potplayer. How can I bitstream this file to receiver?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-05-2013, 12:29 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
PCM is what your receiver should say lpcm isnt bitstreamed because its unpacked full audio allready.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-05-2013, 02:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Is it normal to have active volume control on the PotPlayer, PowerDVD and Total Media Player for this mkv file, when I watch mkv with dts-hd or dolby true sound the volume control in the players is not active (I have to turn up or down volume control of the receiver to change power of sound), but now I have active volume control on the players for this mkv file with LPCM sound?

post #4 of 4 Old 11-05-2013, 02:34 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Yes because when you bitstream dts master audio or dolby true you are sending something like a zipped file to the receiver which unzips it so when you send lpcm your sending sound that doesnt need unzipping so you can adjust the volume.Powerdvd tmt can unzip the file for you and send it as lpcm the sound should be the same quality handy if you have older receiver that doesnt support dts master etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers