How to tell Windows Media Center (Win 7) to wake up sooner - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-05-2013, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I have a Win 7 Pro/64 Windows Media Center PC with a Ceton InfiniTV 4 PCI card.

We find that when W7 wakes up it takes Ceton up to 10-15 mins before the channels are available otherwise their diag. tool gives Tuning Channel failed ... Weak signal or  Channel List not available.

So if WMC tries to record before this is resolved the recordings don't work.

So a quick solution would be to wake up sooner.  BUT HOW???

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-05-2013, 07:11 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by forum2jack View Post

I have a Win 7 Pro/64 Windows Media Center PC with a Ceton InfiniTV 4 PCI card.

We find that when W7 wakes up it takes Ceton up to 10-15 mins before the channels are available otherwise their diag. tool gives Tuning Channel failed ... Weak signal or  Channel List not available.

So if WMC tries to record before this is resolved the recordings don't work.

So a quick solution would be to wake up sooner.  BUT HOW???

Thanks

First, I think I'd check your infinitv diagnostics application for any BIOS or driver updates. After that, I'd look at your signal strength. My card shows about 1-3dBmv across the tuners. A drop amplifier might be helpful if they're too low. After that, I'd make sure your system clocks on the HTPC's are accurate. My windows clocks were always off and my recordings either started too early or too late. I use my server to sync all clocks across my network now, so that's not an issue. Finally, there's a way in windows media center.. I think in settings under recording defaults.. to change when the system wakes from sleep to make a recording. Have it start a couple of minutes early and see if that clears things up.

If, after all that, you're still having issues with the infinitv card, I'd open a support ticket. Ceton's really good about helping people out.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-06-2013, 07:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

How to check the db levels?

So there is no way to tell WMC to wake up sooner?

post #4 of 4 Old 11-06-2013, 08:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked: 352
If you need 10-15 minutes before your tuner works properly, you have some major underlying problem that needs to be fixed first. Mine will tune within about 30 seconds from waking.

In any case, I don't remember where exactly, but look in the task scheduler for Media Center and there should be some option for waking earlier. I'll do some digging and see if I can find it.

To check db levels, open the ceton diagnostics web page.

You may also want to give this new firmware a try:
http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=6291&sid=6b97e6edd4df715249d37fdc99b2f45a

If you can't get this solved, you should just leave your PC running all the time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page