I just assembled a FLM-7 Case and I am pretty happy with it.
I just have one problem.
I ordered a 192w PicoPSU kit from Mini-Box.com and unfortunately I realized too lat that it would not work with my case since it's ac/dc adapter is not using a coax 5.5 2.5 connector but a 4 pin mini di connector (see the picture)
Unfortunately the connector doesn't fit in the case. So how can I solve it?
I see several options:
1) I would have to enlarge the hole from 8 to 10 mm and drill the additional side holes for the screws. The problem is that I see it very difficult to be done since I am not a expert. I probably don't have the appropriate tools and I don't want to ruin the case...
2) I change the connector of the ac/dc adapter. The problem I see here is that the cable has 4 wires and it would be difficult to asseble it in the small 5.5 2.5 connector.
3) Similar to 2), but instead of changing the connector, I get a already prepared cable with the 5.5 2.5 connector and connect just the wires of the original cable with the new one.
4) I completely change the dc cable of the ac/dc adapter with a new cable with the 5.5 2.5 connector already attached. To do that I will have to solder the new cable on the ac/dc adapter, but it will require to open up and modify the ac/dc adapter brick.
5) Buy (if it exists) and 4 pin mini DIN female to 5.5 2.5 female connector.
For options 2/3/4/5, is the smaller 5.5 2.5 connector adeguate to work with such ac/dc adapter or will I melt it???
Of course I would prefer option 5 being the easiest, but I couldn't find an approriate connector converter.
Do you see any other options? What would you suggest?
Thank you very much,