MPC 64 Install instuctions do i need to add filters - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-11-2013, 08:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Just installed MPC-64 bit on my windows 7 64 bit machine. I mainly use it to watch 1080p Movies dts/AC-3 capable receiver can not do DTS-HD True HD on this reciever.. Here is my question.

First is there a tutorial to install 64 bit version like there was for the MPC 32 bit version? Showing step by step installation of lav and madVR filters for best possible audio/video? 

With the new 1.7.0 release do I even need to use all those settings?

I spent 2 hours messing with it and reinstalling it on my computer and realized I had one version of MPC that I believe was the old one and something happened where it didnt play in dolby digital anymore so I just installed the new 64bit version. Still it opens with I believe the old one that wont do dolby digital anymore for some reason...I even uninstalled MPC and still it is there somewhere cause it opens with it.

Is one better than the other? I am trying to uninstall the old one but only one MPC shows up on my programs list and the old one opens movies by default....

Before I go I want to say a big thank you guys for all your hard work in developing this program and letting people have it free!! Sorry I was a bit scattered this all these options are pushing my brain to the brink...slight headache after writing all this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-11-2013, 08:59 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Just use MPC-HC 32-bit. You're not going to gain anything with the 64-bit version besides problems getting the plugins working properly.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-11-2013, 09:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Thats what I was thinking. I was using 32 but before and instructions form the tutorial on this site and it was working perfect before until something happened and it wasn't decoding dolby digital or dts to my receiver anymore. I am going to have to start from scratch. The tutorial looks like it changed I cant find what lav filters to add..I belive one was lav splitter and there were two others.

Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page