NEW TiVo Slide Pro Remote - Use for HTPC? - Page 2 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #31 of 41 Old 01-09-2014, 02:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
It's not a matter of sending out IR vs RF. The remote is ALWAYS sending out RF commands to the USB dongle and you can't change that. The only thing you can do with RF is decide what to do with the command once it is received by the PC (using EventGhost). However, in addition to this standard functionality, the remote has a few buttons that can be old-school learning remote style programmed to send out IR in addition to the RF that is already being sent. These buttons include TV Power, Input, Vol Up/Down (and maybe Ch Up/Down, but I haven't tested that). As an example, let's say I program the TV Power button to send my television's power toggle command. After programming, whenever I press the button, it will fire off both the IR command that I taught the remote, as well as the standard RF command that the remote had built in. Depending on if I am running EG, I can do something with that RF command on the PC or I can ignore it. Does this make sense?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 Old 04-08-2014, 10:21 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi guys. I've purchased the Tivo slide remtoe a while ago and love it. There are a few quirks I have been trying to over come but can't seem to figure them out and was wondering you guys where able to work around these issues. I use the remote to control a combination of XBMC and WMC7 via eventghost. I added the remote to Eventghost as generic HID drivers but two of the drivers are report as "Reported length must not be of zero for device" followed by another error stating eventghost could not read the device. Because of this I can not map the number pad, the select button on the keyboard part and a few other buttons. How can I get these last two drivers to load in Eventghost so I can map the rest of the buttons.

The other probably I'm having is Windows recognizes some of the buttons like the "Search" button and the "Guide" button and have associated mapped actions already to those buttons. For example if I press the Guide button without doing any mapping in eventghost windows will automatically launch windows media center 7 in the EPG view. How can I block this action from happening? I have it setup in eventghost that I can toggle between button maps based on what application I am currently running in the foreground (XBMC or WMC7). So If I'm running XBMC and I press the guide button with the xbmc mapp loaded XBMC will take me to its EPG view but at the same time WMC will launch on top of XBMC. How can I prevent windows from doing this?

I want to be able to control ever action executed when a button is pressed on the remote.
post #33 of 41 Old 04-15-2014, 07:27 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
The other probably I'm having is Windows recognizes some of the buttons like the "Search" button and the "Guide" button and have associated mapped actions already to those buttons. For example if I press the Guide button without doing any mapping in eventghost windows will automatically launch windows media center 7 in the EPG view. How can I block this action from happening?
You need to set the Human Interface Device Access service to Disabled.
post #34 of 41 Old 04-17-2014, 03:19 PM

thank you very much. Now to figure out how to get the rest of the buttons to work. I figured out a work around for the guide button issue and created a macro in eventghost to kill wmc when its process starts up. Eventghost still can't detect the select button on the keyboard or either of the clear keys. also the thumbs down key is detected as the select key on the remtoe face and the thumbs up key is detected as the up arrow. Has anyone been able to get those buttons to work in Windows 7 x64???
post #35 of 41 Old 04-17-2014, 05:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 38
I have Windows 8, but I have my Thumbs Up mapped to the Windows key (takes me to the Metro page) and the Thumbs Down mapped to Alt-F4 to close the open window. I'd double check my EG settings, but the wife is watching TV tongue.gif
post #36 of 41 Old 04-21-2014, 11:26 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14

I have created a plugin for the Tivo Slide Pro for EventGhost. I cannot post urls on this forum because I am new here, but if you search for Tivo Slide Pro on the EventGhost forums you should find it. The plugin allows you to override every button on the remote.

But be aware, you will not be able to use the keyboard on the windows login screen. Everything else works good, and you can even use the D-Pad on the keyboard to emulate a mouse through EventGhost if you want :)

post #37 of 41 Old 05-01-2014, 07:19 AM

BirdAPI, thanks for creating this. Been thinking of making a plugin myself. I'm going to download it and test it out when I get home tonight. Hopefully it will allow me to remove the hacks I created to get the Search and Guide buttons working correctly with XBMC.

Here is a link to the Plugin (http://www.eventghost.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6122&sid=9a01610da27c616df7278427c182eb84)

P.S. I also posted up on the XBMC Tivo Slide Pro thread about your plugin (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=79616&pid=1696262#pid1696262)
post #38 of 41 Old 06-23-2014, 08:11 AM

This isn't a OS specific question. Does anyone know how to program the remote's volume keys so that when I press and hold the + or - volume buttons the remote repeatedly sends out the corresponding command. Right now I can only program to the remote to send out the command on a per press basis. Any help with this would be awesome
post #39 of 41 Old 01-19-2015, 07:40 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Has anybody used 2 of these in close proximity on separate boxes. I am thinking of purchasing a couple of these to use on different PCs, but want to make sure they can be setup to uniquely control one box without interfering with the others.
post #40 of 41 Old 05-23-2015, 07:22 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Just to follow up, these are paired with the USB dongle separately and don't interfere with each other. I have two functioning now using Eventghost and the plugin BirdAPI created on separate boxes in the house. Third remote is on the way. Everybody in the house loves them.
post #41 of 41 Old Today, 11:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 38
My only beef with mine (didn't re-read the whole thread, maybe it's been mentioned) was that it's very difficult to grab it in the dark and know the orientation in your hand. Other than that, it's been a stellar remote.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
Tivo Slide Remote