Best 3D ISO player?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 37 Old 11-16-2013, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 188
So now I have a 3D TV and am dabbling in 3D which MPC-HC doesn't do.

I'd like a similar solution in MBC that launches the correct player for 3D

I have been checking out TMT5 and the playback is pretty good for 3D but the interface on that is crap. I cannot believe that it doesn't have a 10 foot interface and work well with a remote. It also doesn't mount an iso directly nor does it exit smoothly (or at all) back to MB when done with playback.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 11-16-2013, 01:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
TMT5 has a MCE version (uMCEPlayer5.exe). This version is convenient enough for remote control.
CyberLink PowerDVD has Cinema mode which is also convenient for remote control.

About "best 3D ISO player "...
I have TMT, PowerDVD, WinDVD, Nero and Stereoscopic Player. The most popular players are TMT and PowerDVD.

TotalMedia Theatre:
1. TMT has issues with auto frame rate (auto refresh rate). TMT does not distinguish between 23.976 fps and 24.000 fps.
2. MCE version of TMT6 is very buggy.

PowerDVD:
1. Media Library is useless.
2. "Auto resume" option often does not work.
3. BDMV folder must have all standard subfolders.

I prefer PowerDVD.

BTW I think the worst player is Nero Blu-ray Player: it has too many drawbacks.
post #3 of 37 Old 11-16-2013, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

As I am only going to put 3D in iso and use that as a file type to use one of these 3D players I won't be needing it to do much else.

I will continue to use MPC-HC with madVR and LAV for all other content.

So launching TMT from WMC is possible but not from with in MB3? There goes unification again! Blah!

post #4 of 37 Old 11-16-2013, 03:03 PM

I don't know about MB3, but TMT (and TMT MCE version) can be launched from XBMC, MediaPortal, MyMovies and so on.
post #5 of 37 Old 11-16-2013, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Two things.

First off, TMT shows on the WMC menu strip and will play an iso if already mounted. This doesn't play full screen.

Secondly, launching uMCEPlayer5.exe from MB3 Classic after forcing iso file type to use this player in MB3 Configurator results in no playback even if the iso has been previously mounted.

Currently the only luck I've head is using TMT5 which is an absolutely horrendous interface. What were they thinking?

post #6 of 37 Old 11-16-2013, 03:40 PM

Hah, you can use a script that mounts ISO image, launches TMT and unmounts ISO image.
For example I use the following script for XBMC:
Code:
@echo off
"c:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -mount scsi, 0, %1
"c:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" G:\
"c:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -unmount scsi, 0
exit
post #7 of 37 Old 11-16-2013, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokap View Post

Hah, you can use a script that mounts ISO image, launches TMT and unmounts ISO image.
Code:
@echo off
exit

Okay so how do you execute this with a MCE or Harmony remote?

Also, I use Elaborate Bytes Virtual Clone Drive so I would just substitute in the scrip or probably get daemon tools to do it instead because the switches might be different. Once it unmounts does control return to XBMC for you? I want to select an iso that is a 3D BR in Media Browser but have it launch the player then release the player and return to MB afterwards.

post #8 of 37 Old 11-16-2013, 04:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post

Two things.

First off, TMT shows on the WMC menu strip and will play an iso if already mounted. This doesn't play full screen.

Secondly, launching uMCEPlayer5.exe from MB3 Classic after forcing iso file type to use this player in MB3 Configurator results in no playback even if the iso has been previously mounted.

Currently the only luck I've head is using TMT5 which is an absolutely horrendous interface. What were they thinking?

You don't associate ISO with TMT. You set Blu-ray discs to autoplay with TMT. When MB mounts the ISO it should correctly start playing. Associate Blu-rays with MB.

However, all that said is why I ended up switching to MyMovies. MB2 kept having trouble consistently launching Blu-rays or 90% of the time had trouble returning to MB once finished. I was redoing my entire HTPC's software and server and decided to try MyMovies.

post #9 of 37 Old 11-16-2013, 05:10 PM

Sammy2
I associated ISO file extension with the script in special XBMC configuration file. When I press "Enter" button on my MCE remote - the script mounts ISO and launches selected movie. smile.gif

Once it unmounts does control return to XBMC for you?
Yes, of course.
post #10 of 37 Old 11-17-2013, 07:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj View Post

Quote:

Two things.

You don't associate ISO with TMT. You set Blu-ray discs to autoplay with TMT. When MB mounts the ISO it should correctly start playing. Associate Blu-rays with MB.

However, all that said is why I ended up switching to MyMovies. MB2 kept having trouble consistently launching Blu-rays or 90% of the time had trouble returning to MB once finished. I was redoing my entire HTPC's software and server and decided to try MyMovies.

Is this in the MB Configurator? I am not sure how to do this as MB doesn't really have its own player but rather is a media organizer.

I get the rest of it. I set MB to mount iso in the configurator and also set TMT to autoplay Blu-ray discs.

post #11 of 37 Old 11-17-2013, 07:27 AM
AVS Special Member

I haven't used MB in awhile, but it was in the external player configurator. Just saying that associated .iso with TMT isn't the solution, you associate Windows Auto-play with playing Blu-rays with TMT. When MB mounts the .iso it will start playing in TMT. At least that is how it used to work with MB2. I haven't touched MB3 since moving to MyMovies.

post #12 of 37 Old 11-17-2013, 07:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

Code:
@echo off
exit

Also, I use Elaborate Bytes Virtual Clone Drive so I would just substitute in the scrip or probably get daemon tools to do it instead because the switches might be different. Once it unmounts does control return to XBMC for you? I want to select an iso that is a 3D BR in Media Browser but have it launch the player then release the player and return to MB afterwards.

Quote:

Sammy2
I associated ISO file extension with the script in special XBMC configuration file. When I press "Enter" button on my MCE remote - the script mounts ISO and launches selected movie. smile.gif

Once it unmounts does control return to XBMC for you?
Yes, of course.

While I understand the concept of what you are doing there isn't enough specifics here to actually implement it.

post #13 of 37 Old 11-17-2013, 07:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I haven't used MB in awhile, but it was in the external player configurator. Just saying that associated .iso with TMT isn't the solution, you associate Windows Auto-play with playing Blu-rays with TMT. When MB mounts the .iso it will start playing in TMT. At least that is how it used to work with MB2. I haven't touched MB3 since moving to MyMovies.

Okay that is what I understood but I need to try it out now. I am going to set everything but Blu-ray to use MPC-HC as the player and then for Blu-ray iso it should just load TMT.. Yeah the exiting back to MB3 is going to be a little tricky I think.

post #14 of 37 Old 11-17-2013, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Okay. That worked but it loaded the WMC TMT player, which is fine with the exception that it isn't full screen, it has a blue WMC boarder around the entire thing. Upon hitting stop, it returns to the TMT menu within WMC and one press of the back button on the remote takes it back to MB. I can handle that.

post #15 of 37 Old 11-17-2013, 08:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Okay, TMT probably blocked capturing the screen but when I play back this way I am getting the following blue borders around the playback window. I do have TMT set for full screen playback but there wasn't a setting for this in the WMC TMT player.

post #16 of 37 Old 11-17-2013, 08:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I'm thinking that this or this might help because I have the blue borders in MB3 as in MB2.6 but never worried about it because MPC-HC just went to full full screen. This fix is for MB but I wonder if it helps with TMT too or if anyone knows. I should search the MBT thread I think.

post #17 of 37 Old 11-17-2013, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

I've never seen the screen display as you are showing. You can try hitting Info and then navigate to the right to Settings. You have to set the WMC TMT settings separate to the desktop TMT settings.

post #18 of 37 Old 11-17-2013, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I think I went through the TMT5 WMC settings and didn't see anything for scan or zoom but I will try yet once again. It could be a scanning issue in CCC too.

post #19 of 37 Old 11-17-2013, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

This is a WMC issue. If I set it to be a Monitor or Flat Panel instead of a Television the scanning is correct for TMT but for Live/Recorded TV the perimeter is now lost. I suppose I will have to decide which is important or find another way to playback 3D content.

post #20 of 37 Old 11-17-2013, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

So, I'm thinking is there a way to load the TMT stand alone player from within MB3 for iso rips? This would avoid the issue with scanning altogether because that player works fine..

post #21 of 37 Old 11-17-2013, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 204
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1455591/media-browser-3-is-coming/600#post_23887288
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsoccer33 View Post

However the one that sets to zero overscan brings the on screen elements closer in to the middle - the minimize, maximize, close, and the transport controls in the lower right hand. instead of being on the outer edge of the screen they are an inch or more in.

This is something you have to fix in the registry.
Quote:

I don't use those controls very often so although it may look strange I heardly see it and when I do I don't worry about it. Stuff like this doesn't distract from the appliance status of my HTPC.

This is one of the registry problems in WMC that you said you don't care about

go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Settings\MCE.PerUserSettings

and change the Margin Saved value to 1.

while youre there you might as well fix all the other margins by changing them to 0

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Integration for whole home ATSC, CableCARD, FM radio, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, DVD, VHS control & capture, video games, and archived & streaming media playback

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Restore the initial MLL on a 2009 Panasonic plasma
post #22 of 37 Old 11-17-2013, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Yeah. I know. I haven't been doing 3D and it hasn't been an issue for me before but I guess it is now.

post #23 of 37 Old 11-17-2013, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

All fixed up now. Thanks for the tip. I guess TMT 5 is it for 3D.

Next question. I have version 5.0.1.87 but it is prompting for an update. Will this bring cinavia to my doorstep?

post #24 of 37 Old 11-17-2013, 07:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Thanks for all of this info. I am currently setting up my htpc to play 3D iso as well since I recently got a w1070.

I had the blue borders issue when playing back with TMT within MCE so i will have to look at the registry edits. What other registry edits are needed? Any more info on this would be helpful.
post #25 of 37 Old 11-17-2013, 07:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Next question. I have version 5.0.1.87 but it is prompting for an update. Will this bring cinavia to my doorstep?

Yes, it will bring Cinavia. You would need AnyDVD HD to block the Cinavia detection in TMT if you upgrade your v5 or move to v6.

post #26 of 37 Old 11-17-2013, 07:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by utee05 View Post

Thanks for all of this info. I am currently setting up my htpc to play 3D iso as well since I recently got a w1070.

I had the blue borders issue when playing back with TMT within MCE so i will have to look at the registry edits. What other registry edits are needed? Any more info on this would be helpful.

If you are wanting full range RGB output usung nVidia there's one for that too but madshi's script will do it for you.

post #27 of 37 Old 11-17-2013, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, it will bring Cinavia. You would need AnyDVD HD to block the Cinavia detection in TMT if you upgrade your v5 or move to v6.

No reason to upgrade then. Funny how it says some files won't play unless you apply the update when in fact some files won't play after 20 minutes if you do unless AnyDVD HD is running in the background.

post #28 of 37 Old 11-18-2013, 04:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

EDIT: Moved TMT 5 question to this post.

post #29 of 37 Old 11-19-2013, 11:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

If you are wanting full range RGB output usung nVidia there's one for that too but madshi's script will do it for you.

Which script is that? I haven't tinkered with my htpc in a while as most things appear fine for me other than the blue border fix that you pointed out. Thanks for the info on that btw.
post #30 of 37 Old 11-19-2013, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 204
http://www.hack7mc.com/2009/06/fixing-media-centers-poor-black-levels.html

Theres a good post on the black level issues. If you are using Arcsoft as your player I don't think that pertains to you.

Integration for whole home ATSC, CableCARD, FM radio, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, DVD, VHS control & capture, video games, and archived & streaming media playback

Restore the initial MLL on a 2009 Panasonic plasma
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page