HTPC front end software/GUI - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 35 Old 11-22-2013, 11:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Do the applications mentioned here have something akin to MyMovies' collection management feature? Or are they all simply scraping data from the web based on the local file names?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 11-22-2013, 11:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I started with Windows Media Center then moved to Meedio then on to JRiver. For sure JRiver for audio but I like the tagging an organization with movies as well. Theatre View has a nice "by decade" and "by genre" and other sorts that are handy but . I mostly sort and select on my laptop or tablet and send the movie to my Oppo as a video renderer.

I have loaded & configured MB3 Server but don't have a client so I can't watch w/MB3 except with little expandable PC windows (I use windows 8.1 which doesn't have Windows Media Center...don't
the Windows clients require Windows Media Center?).
post #33 of 35 Old 11-23-2013, 01:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebberry View Post

Do the applications mentioned here have something akin to MyMovies' collection management feature? Or are they all simply scraping data from the web based on the local file names?

Scraping from availble data sites - The Movie DB, TVDB, IMDB etc.
post #34 of 35 Old 11-23-2013, 01:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoots View Post

I have loaded & configured MB3 Server but don't have a client so I can't watch w/MB3 except with little expandable PC windows (I use windows 8.1 which doesn't have Windows Media Center...don't the Windows clients require Windows Media Center?).

MBT (A client to MB3 Server) is available for Alpha testing and does not require WMC - it is a stand-alone player.

http://mediabrowser3.com/community/index.php?/topic/2142-media-browser-theater-public-alpha/
post #35 of 35 Old 11-23-2013, 09:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
thanks! I will try it as I have been impressed with the eye candy of the server. I liked how server organized the trailers/specials so that I don't miss the DVD menus. I like being able to see the Special Features and chapters. Then the pics of the actors and back drops are fun eye candy.

I have it running and am now trying to figure out how to configure it so I can find something vs. just scrolling through the lists....I did organize my media following the MB3 Server guide. Ultimately it's the organization and playback capability that will drive which tools I use.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page