AMD 3840x2160 (4K) output problems - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-22-2013, 01:27 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I have a 4K display device (Sony VPL-VW1000ES 4K projector) with a Club3D Royal King HD7950 card (running latest driver). I configured my ATI control panel to output 3840x2160 (4K)@23Hz.

The problem is that I get 'faults' when I play blu-ray (or any content). Sometimes I have no glitches for 30 minutes or so but then it suddenly pops up (eg. during scene changes or sometimes during scene pannings).

It is pretty hard to describe the actual problem but think about a video cable that is 'loose'. The picture just 'distorts' for some seconds. You see 'bright green/blue distortion lines'. The problem goes away when outputting 1080p from the card.

The problem is not software playback related because it is there with XBMC, MPC-HC, Windows Media Player etc etc. It is also not renderer related because it is there with the madVR renderer but also with eg. the EVR renderer.

So there is something wrong but I have no clue what. Is there someone who can help me on my way?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-22-2013, 05:08 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 814
Could be your HDMI cables?

I know many issues can pop up due to cables at high resolution that are not an issue at lower resolutions. I believe you need HDMI 2.0 spec ?

Or do you run something like display port ? I don't even know ?

It does sound like a cable issue or a driver issue if it's present across multiple players.

I'd avoid the AMD "beta" drivers and go for the full releases. Your not chasing frames in battlefield4, you are chasing stability.

You could try swapping out the GPU card too but that might be costly ...

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #3 of 3 Old 12-05-2013, 12:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 127
@sanderdvd: @23hz you don't need hdmi 2.0, but if you have long cables, you might reach their limit. Try with a shorter cable (3-6 feet) and also try changing the pixel format in catalyst. If video is your priority, try to switch to YCbCr422 and see if that helps, as you don't need 444 unless you play video games or do some photoshoping.
Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
Sony Vpl Vw1000es Projector
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page