Screen Resolution Problem: HTPC to Denon AVR-4520 to Sony KV-34XBR910 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-22-2013, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm looking for help in resolving a screen resolution problem between my HTPC (WIN 8.1PRO), the Denon AVR-4520, and my (vintage?) Sony KV-34XBR910.

At this point, I don't know if the problem lies with the 4520, the Sony XBR, or the HTPC.

While other video sources - connected through the 4520 - look fabulous on the XBR, I can't seem to get the right resolution for the HTPC.

In it's current setup, the display extends beyond the bezel of the TV so that icons, menus, windows, taskbars, etc - anything on the periphery of the display - cannot be seen. It's a very frustrating experience.

Furthermore, when trying to change the resolution on the HTPC from 1920 X 1080 to something lower, the only other choice is 1280 x 720. WIN 8.1 PRO shows the display as "DENON-AVRHD" which makes sense since the HDMI cable is connected via the 4520.

The XBR has a 16:9 display at 1080i resolution. As mentioned, my Cable HD-PVR and other HD sources all scale correctly with no "overscan".

The Denon 4520 connects to the XBR via HDMI cable which plugs into a HDMI-to-DVI connector.

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Thanks,
Herb...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-23-2013, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
In the end, it was a video scaling issue, as suggested. However, the Intel Graphics 4600 Toolbox didn't have adjustments for overscanning. I solved the problem by purchasing a passively-cooled ASUS 2GB GT260 discrete video card.
Nvidia has an excellent toolbox that addresses overscanning issues with older displays and CRT's. Problem solved, thanks to NVIDIA.
Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page