keeping HDMI active? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-09-2013, 07:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have this problem that unless I leave my receiver on 24/7, as soon as it goes off, my HTPC loses its audio connection to it, and the only way to bring it back around is to either unplug and re-plug the HDMI cable, or reboot the computer, both while the receiver is on. This is very frustrating and kills any sort of spontaneous desire to use the HTPC.

I thought I remembered reading on here or elsewhere (I've been searching around and haven't found it yet), that there's some sort of powered HDMI to HDMI adapter that essentially becomes the middle man between the HTPC and the receiver, and what it does is simply provides a constant 24/7 active HDMI signal to the HTPC so it doesn't disconnect like it would if it were plugged directly into a receiver that gets powered off after use.

I seem to remember it was maybe around $100 and available on Amazon? I could be wrong on pricing though, but I don't think it was much more than that, if anything it was cheaper. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, and do you mind pointing me in the right direction? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-09-2013, 07:39 AM

Liked: 12
The device is the Geffen hdmi detective (which I have and it works well). There is also a thread that addresses edid issues on this site. You might want to try that before you spend $100.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-09-2013, 07:40 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thanks! That is what I was looking for. I'll also look for that edid thread before I pull the trigger. Appreciate the help.
post #4 of 4 Old 12-09-2013, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Some people have reported HDCP problems with Gefen. I use Dr HDMI.

Also read the Tweaks and Fixes Sticky

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page