HTPC FRONT END SHOOTOUT: Show us your eye candy ! - Page 8 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #211 of 229 Old 04-15-2014, 10:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 595
MPC-HC is great option for MadVR; very mature product and the sticky guide in this forum for set up is excellent.

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 229 Old 04-15-2014, 09:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Is today Mfusick bumps old Mfusick posts day? biggrin.gif
Mfusick likes this.
post #213 of 229 Old 04-16-2014, 09:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by StinDaWg View Post

Is today Mfusick bumps old Mfusick posts day? biggrin.gif

Only on days that end in "Y" biggrin.gif

post #214 of 229 Old 04-16-2014, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Since when is a week to reply considered a bump ? I only get AVS updates once a week on my subscriptions, and I tend to miss some stuff till I get it. smile.gif

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #215 of 229 Old 04-16-2014, 10:41 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
disregard
post #216 of 229 Old 05-01-2014, 07:44 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I know i must be late regarding this but why oh why did they remove netflix and amazon channel from plex? I LOVE how the plex interface looks using Plex home theater but i was really hoping to have everything in one place. Plex, netlix,amazon movies etc.
Now i gotta use a separate hardware for netflix and amazon?

How are you guys working around this?
post #217 of 229 Old 05-16-2014, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

On ROKU I just back out of plex and into netflix biggrin.gif

-

post #218 of 229 Old 05-22-2014, 07:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Has anyone seen a chart breaking down what you lose and gain by moving to the new version of Media Browser?

I played with it a bit on Saturday and just didn't really "get" what was different beyond the server-client model (and that fact that its 100% not compatible with my setup).

I think an updated front end feature chart is something we should all work on to help users choose the correct front end for them.

My HTPC front end set up
Integration for whole home ATSC, CableCARD, FM radio, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, DVD, VHS control & capture, video games, and archived & streaming media playback
Mironto's Panasonic plasma black level restoration guide
Restore the initial MLL on a 2009 Panasonic plasma
post #219 of 229 Old 05-22-2014, 08:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

You gain quite a bit actually, that might be a long list.

-

post #220 of 229 Old 05-22-2014, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Without trying to be a troll I saw nothing at all different. Each of the free themes looked more or less like they did on the previous version.
StinDaWg likes this.

My HTPC front end set up
Integration for whole home ATSC, CableCARD, FM radio, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, DVD, VHS control & capture, video games, and archived & streaming media playback
post #221 of 229 Old 05-22-2014, 08:38 AM
ebr
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsoccer33 View Post

Has anyone seen a chart breaking down what you lose and gain by moving to the new version of Media Browser?

I played with it a bit on Saturday and just didn't really "get" what was different beyond the server-client model (and that fact that its 100% not compatible with my setup).

I think an updated front end feature chart is something we should all work on to help users choose the correct front end for them.

Off the top of my head and by no means comprehensive:

• user profiles that allow you to track watched status, resume, favorites etc. for individual users
  • faster in almost every way
  • MUCH better metadata fetching
  • MUCH better metadata management with a complete built-in metadata manager accessible from any device on any modern web browser
  • MUCH better configuration with, again, access to this configuration from any device on any modern web browser
  • access to your library from ANYWHERE on any device with a modern web browser
  • access to your library from ANYWHERE with dedicated apps on a multitude and growing list of platforms including Android, Windows Phone, iPhone, iPad, Roku, WMC, Windows, XBMC, Media Portal, Windows tablet, Samsung TVs, other smart TVs via DLNA
  • "Cast" content from one of these devices to most DLNA media render capable devices (bring up the library on your phone and have it play on your smart TV)
  • "Cast" content from one of these devices to Google ChromeCast
  • remote control from one app to another - Bring up the library on your tablet, browse around and then tell it to play on the big screen with remote control capability from the tablet.
  • on the fly, automatic transcoding of content based on need. Play your BD rips on your phone without having to re-encode copies specifically for that
  • access live TV streams and recordings from several of the MB apps without a tuner on that particular device
  • schedule and manage recordings from that device as well
  • extensive notification system configurable to notify you of all kinds of activities like content added, playback by specific users etc. with notifications capable via growl, notify my android, email, dashboard notifications and more
  • automatic collection (box set) management with automatic collapsing of your movies into their box sets in movie displays
  • auto-organize TV episodes from a "dump" folder moving them into the proper structure in your MB library
  • extensive scheduled task system you can configure to define when certain tasks are run
  • automatically download trailers for the movies in your collection
  • automatically download subtitles for movies in your collection
  • access to channels like Vimeo and Twit with the infrastructure for many more (coming soon)
  • full chapter support with images and direct access from within the apps
  • more I can't think of and more coming every day

This isn't your father's Media Browser.... wink.gif
abobader and bartonnen like this.
post #222 of 229 Old 05-22-2014, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member

I do really appreciate your answers EBR. And I really don't mean to be a troll and appreciate all the time spent to create the new version.

Its just...[sighs]...I've invested so much time and I'm so happy with what I've created (and helped many others on AVSForum create). Those changes are all the "hidden" parts of the front end and nothing seems to have changed with respect to how it actually looks.

My HTPC front end set up
post #223 of 229 Old 05-22-2014, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Can you run your mb2 along with mb3 server and theater and service on phones, tablets, ROKU etc... ? Just don't install mb3 classic and use 2 for WMC ?

-

post #224 of 229 Old 05-22-2014, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post

Can you run your mb2 along with mb3 server and theater and service on phones, tablets, ROKU etc... ? Just don't install mb3 classic and use 2 for WMC ?

The problem is that plugins and parts of the actual software are starting to break. Lots of components need to phone home and theres nothing to call into anymore. Longtime users are turning on their HTPCs and getting errors that their software no longer works.

Right now all I'm dealing with is an error saying my emulator viewer trial is ending 7,990 years from now and it no longer automatically downloads artwork. Nothing that will actually effect my personal functionality (yet) but I'm assuming after everything is shut off for good next week that there will be more surprises.

My HTPC front end set up
post #225 of 229 Old 05-22-2014, 09:37 AM
ebr
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I have written special handlers to provide for the validation problems so that should no longer be an issue.

However, TMDb has recently retired the image server they used to use back in the MB 2 days so images are probably not going to download anymore. There is nothing we can do about that.

I don't see how you can say nothing has changed in how it looks - that is only because you are only looking in a very small place - the WMC client. And that has been kept very much the same on purpose - so that those of you who are comfortable with it can continue on just as before (mostly) but with a whole raft of new features as well.

I think if you open up and see everything else that can be done with the system, you will see it is a major improvement.
post #226 of 229 Old 05-22-2014, 10:04 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 80
pittsoccer33,

I am also still running MB2 on my HTPC, with MB3 (Classic) on my desktop, so I feel your pain.

It's not really a smooth transition from 2 to 3, but as I get more acclimated to MB3, and the underworkings, it's not so bad.

Each update - which is rather frequent - seems to be moving the program along rather nicely.

I've noticed if you are using Media Center Master (as I am), you may not always get the desired results in output with MB3, whereas MB2 looked fine.
I've been going back and forth on the scraper in MCM and MB3, and the MB3 scraper seems to be doing a better job now.

Within MB3 Server, there are a lot of easy editing features.

All in all, just growing pains.

post #227 of 229 Old 05-29-2014, 05:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Since I don't think there are any JRiver screen shots I thought I'd share some of the Theater View (which is what I use when browsing, I use the standard view for maintenance). This is a modified Rapier Fusion theme (I changed some backgrounds, added icons, added new rollers, etc)

My Home Theater/Video Gaming/HTPC/2 Channel rig (Mitsubishi, MartinLogan, Marantz, DIYMA, and others)

post #228 of 229 Old 05-29-2014, 07:55 AM

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 56

using xbmc to launch mpc-hc?  Hmm...

post #229 of 229 Old 06-05-2014, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisma View Post

using xbmc to launch mpc-hc?  Hmm...

How else would you get MadVR with XBMC ? biggrin.gif

-

Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
Asus , Asrock , Asrock Z87m Extreme4 Lga1150 Intel Z87 Chipset Ddr3 Quad Crossfirex Quad Sli Sata3 Usb3 0 Microatx M , Mediabrowser , Mediabrowser 3
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page