post #241 of 246 Old 07-22-2014, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn Ravenlocke View Post
I'm still trying to navigate my way through it. I've never used MPC-HC before, much less ever figured out how to make MadVR do that thing it does.
MB theater also supports madvr, it's just not as mature as MPC-HC.

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 246 Old 07-22-2014, 12:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post
MB theater also supports madvr, it's just not as mature as MPC-HC.
This is what I have heard, and it has me rather pleased to know that. Unfortunately, my issue is in that I have no idea whatsoever how to make it do its thing. It's not that the program is failing to respond, the failure lies entirely in my utter lack of technical expertise.
post #243 of 246 Old 07-22-2014, 05:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn Ravenlocke View Post
I should have been more specific. I actually use many of the free plugins. I enjoy them and they too add functionality. More specifically, for really amping up the front end, I was thinking Radeon's suite of plugins along with MB Plus and MB Intros.
The plugins for fetching music and live video backdrops and themes are absolutely worth it!!!!

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #244 of 246 Old 07-22-2014, 06:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post
The plugins for fetching music and live video backdrops and themes are absolutely worth it!!!!
They truly do turn the front end into some impressive eye (and ear) candy. They are part of what sold me on MB3 in the first place. I had tried using MB years ago with little success. The new version, especially with the ultra-affordable backdrop and theme plugins is hands-down the best option I have come across.
post #245 of 246 Old 07-22-2014, 07:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 192
live backdrops sound great. but what do you do when a film doesn't have one ready to download? go back into your movie collection and re-rip menu screens? clip out part of a trailer? just go without and ruin the fluid asthetic? what online depository are live backdrops pulled from? how far back does the selection go?

My HTPC front end set up
Integration for whole home ATSC, CableCARD, FM radio, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, DVD, VHS control & capture, video games, and archived & streaming media playback
Mironto's Panasonic plasma black level restoration guide
Restore the initial MLL on a 2009 Panasonic plasma
post #246 of 246 Old Yesterday, 06:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsoccer33 View Post
live backdrops sound great. but what do you do when a film doesn't have one ready to download? go back into your movie collection and re-rip menu screens? clip out part of a trailer? just go without and ruin the fluid asthetic? what online depository are live backdrops pulled from? how far back does the selection go?
Missing backdrops just default to theme music plus jpeg backdrops like traditionally used with xbmc, plex, or old mediabrowser. They look great. You don't need a live video backdrop or tv theme for every media item, in some ways it makes the ones that have them cooler and more impressive.

The backdrops are sometimes available on youtube.

-

Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
Asus , Asrock , Asrock Z87m Extreme4 Lga1150 Intel Z87 Chipset Ddr3 Quad Crossfirex Quad Sli Sata3 Usb3 0 Microatx M , Mediabrowser , Mediabrowser 3
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page