Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deihmos View Post

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Is tapatalk any good ?
It makes browsing forums on a mobile device very easy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 426 Old 01-25-2014, 09:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:

It makes browsing forums on a mobile device very easy.

Agreed but sadly it does a very poor job of highlighting quotes so it's a PITA to read longer threads.
Mfusick likes this.
post #363 of 426 Old 01-25-2014, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 115
It's also very annoying for everyone else that has to read their advertisement "sent from my ***** using *********" every time they post with it.
post #364 of 426 Old 01-25-2014, 09:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by A9X-308 View Post

It's also very annoying for everyone else that has to read their advertisement "sent from my ***** using *********" every time they post with it.

So I guess you are telling me not to use it tongue.gif

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #365 of 426 Old 01-26-2014, 01:31 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by A9X-308 View Post

That can be disabled.
post #366 of 426 Old 01-26-2014, 01:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:

That can be disabled.
I know, but no one ever seems to do it.

Sent from my Microsoft keyboard via my 4770 workstation using Firefox and my ten little digits.
post #367 of 426 Old 01-26-2014, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Hi All,

Here is a video with the latest enhancements to XBMB3C...

xnappo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNhw0SWcfT4&feature=youtu.be
post #368 of 426 Old 01-26-2014, 02:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnappo View Post

Hi All,

Here is a video with the latest enhancements to XBMB3C...

xnappo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNhw0SWcfT4&feature=youtu.be

You can use the video icon to embed it into AVS if you want biggrin.gif

Thanks for posting this smile.gif

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #369 of 426 Old 01-26-2014, 02:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Yeah, I did at first and it gave me a YouTube error biggrin.gif

xnappo
post #370 of 426 Old 01-26-2014, 03:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnappo View Post

Yeah, I did at first and it gave me a YouTube error biggrin.gif

xnappo

I enjoyed watching the video and your demonstration of the functionality. I have been following your progress on this on the MB3 forum and I am impressed. You work fast, as fast as lightning! The project is pretty cool, and this allows users of both MB3 (in all it's different types) and users of XBMC to both use it. I would think this would be great for someone like Darkslayer or Assassin whom are deep into XBMC from years of use and familiarity to get into the benefits of the MB3 platform, including transcoding, remote access, ROKU, ipad, iphone, android, kindle, online web interface, etc.. Your project is a great solution for someone looking for the product divergence and support of the MB3 plattform and the modern functions of MB server but still stick with the XBMC browser they have grown comfortable with. This also gives another nice choice for a front end, and makes it more XBMC + MB3 rather than XBMC vs. MB3.

Not only does this give some the ability to stick with XBMC but enjoy MB3 superior server features, but it also prevents people from having to run PLEX side by side for it's benefits.

Well done!

so......

What is next ? biggrin.gif

-

post #371 of 426 Old 02-27-2014, 02:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Larry,

How are you making out with your new HTPC? Still have growing pains ?

Did you get your MB3 issues sorted out yet ?

I just did another Grandia Build recently:

Wondering how you are making out with your new HTPC after living with it for a while ???
Larry M likes this.

-

post #372 of 426 Old 02-27-2014, 07:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Quote:

Larry,

Wondering how you are making out with your new HTPC after living with it for a while ???

Sweet Mike, any advice on setting up the front doors? biggrin.gif

Dan
post #373 of 426 Old 02-28-2014, 06:21 AM
AVS Addicted Member

For the BR you have the best you can do is use the middle screw slot of the back optical mount slots, and try to line up the pressure block right on top of the eject button. It's not perfect but it works.

That's the one thing I'd change in that case. I'd just leave it flush mounted or perhaps a fold down if you wanted stealth.

-

post #374 of 426 Old 03-14-2014, 10:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Hey guys, sorry I fell off the face of the earth. I'm getting my butt whipped at school and work. My Mahogany door came in a few weeks ago, but I've been so busy that I haven't had a chance to install it or stain it frown.gif

It's my final semester for my MBA and we're doing a consulting job with a big local company. Its a ton of work, but it should pay off in the end....I'll be free from the shackles of MBA school work in about 10 weeks and get back to enjoying life smile.gif

The HTPC is going well so far. I hate Plex now...so damn boring
I've filled up five out of the six TBs of storage...I may be shopping for another pair of 3TBs in the future....but maybe I should watch some of the content I actually have???

I've been doing P90X every morning using Plex in the theater...lol its worked well for that

I just watched Captain Phillips, what a great movie. I decided to rip the copy and went I went to playback, there were no subtitles...I seriously want to punch something. (same goes for Wolverine) Here is what I did for Captain Phillips, does anyone know what I may be doing wrong?

I fixed it....Downloaded MKVMerge, went to File/ Header Editor / track 7 / Forced Display Flag / Yes
Djoel likes this.
post #375 of 426 Old 03-14-2014, 10:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoel View Post

Sweet Mike, any advice on setting up the front doors? biggrin.gif

Dan

You could do like me and just have the front door jamb every time you open and close it
post #376 of 426 Old 03-14-2014, 10:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Larry,

Looks like a great rig there wink.gif
post #377 of 426 Old 03-14-2014, 10:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

For the BR you have the best you can do is use the middle screw slot of the back optical mount slots, and try to line up the pressure block right on top of the eject button. It's not perfect but it works.

That's the one thing I'd change in that case. I'd just leave it flush mounted or perhaps a fold down if you wanted stealth.

My door flap buckles most of the time when opening...its shaped sort of like a reverse U. When I push the center down it opens right up
post #378 of 426 Old 03-15-2014, 07:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry M View Post

You could do like me and just have the front door jamb every time you open and close it

Lol. I couldn't help but laugh.

The best option is to use the middle rear screw holes in the case for that optical drive you have. It isn't perfect but it's best if bad options.

-

post #379 of 426 Old 03-16-2014, 08:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Quote:

You mean like an uppercut biggrin.gif, I gave up, I still want to try Michael's advise though just too lazy these days.

Dan
post #380 of 426 Old 03-17-2014, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Lol. I couldn't help but laugh.

The best option is to use the middle rear screw holes in the case for that optical drive you have. It isn't perfect but it's best if bad options.

Do you have any pictures of how it should be setup? I'm trying to visualize, but I can't think today.

Took a half day at work. It's our 1 year anniversary from our car accident. Want to get in the house and avoid the ******* drunks

CarAccident03-18-13029_zps26054621.jpg

CarAccident03-18-13015_zpsc2967d43.jpg
post #381 of 426 Old 03-17-2014, 02:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

OUCH! That looks like it sucks ^ Scary stuff. Glad you are ok. Sometimes looking back on that sort of thing puts things into perspective.

As far as the optical bays,

I don't have any pictures but I can try to take some next time.

Basically if you take off the top of the case and remove the HDD and optical cage and look at it from the side you will see two slots. Each slot has three screw positions (I would label them front, middle and rear) that are meant to be used for adjustment purposes. You can mount the optical closer or farther to achieve the desired level of pressure on the case flapper and the eject button line up. In the past I have built up the case flapper pressure point to reach the optical bay- but after experimenting a little more I learned that moving the actual optical drive closer is more advisable. Neither method is perfect but I have done it both ways and I prefer the second method after much trial and error. I spend a good hour trying all the positions since this was an area that bothered me in the past. I am forgetful but I think I settled on the middle screw position of the second slot and it worked about as good as you could expect.

It's all about the pressure and feel of the button. When you press the flapper eject on the case you want it to translate the pressure from the actual optical bay eject button (including the click) and if you have to press it down too much or not enough it's not good. You want to press it lightly and feel the click back and have the drive bay open clean. The trouble I was having was if you have it mounted back farther and you build up the pressure spot with some double side tape or whatever it ejects cleaner - meaning the optical tray does not get stuck or jam as often. If you move the optical bay up and don't build up the pressure point it seems to transfer the feeling better and make better contact, but something about the angle it can jam or get stuck easier. I'm torn which is best- but in the last test I found a happy medium I think. YMMV you probably need some trial and error.

I'd probably end up buying the GDF07 or the new 13 or whatever other case is just like the GD08 but had a full solid flap down front. I like that look better and I rarely find myself using the optical trays. But then again, I don't even have optical in my own HTPC so this is probably a personal preference. I copy my stuff to my server from my desktop workstation (with dual BR drives) so the HTPC can just play back and does not even need an optical. I'm probably different than most though.

-

post #382 of 426 Old 03-26-2014, 07:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I see you've been quiet in your Theater build thread too. That needs to stop tongue.gif Any plans for the summer ?

-

post #383 of 426 Old 03-26-2014, 06:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I see you've been quiet in your Theater build thread too. That needs to stop tongue.gif Any plans for the summer ?

I can't wait for the summer. I'll be done for good with this MBA program and will have tons of free time...I can't even think about it, I'm so excited. I might even go on vacation...it's been 5 years since the wife and I went on vacation
Djoel likes this.
post #384 of 426 Old 03-28-2014, 05:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Hey guys, I have a question:

I usually leave my HTPC running, but once I turn off my Denon, the HTPC reverts to whatever audio came from the ASRock. When I turn the Denon back on, the HTPC doesn't give me the option to use the Denon for speakers and I need to restart the computer to get it going.

Btw, I'm down to 600gb remaining, if any comes across a good deals, please tell me
post #385 of 426 Old 03-28-2014, 10:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member

First thought is to make sure you have HDMI set to "default" so it prioritizes that. If not it would default to analog in the presence of no HDMI signal which seems to be happening.

You can right click the volume control and change it back without having to restart the HTPC , just make sure your Denon is on and selected the HTPC HDMI input first.

-

post #386 of 426 Old 03-28-2014, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

First thought is to make sure you have HDMI set to "default" so it prioritizes that. If not it would default to analog in the presence of no HDMI signal which seems to be happening.

You can right click the volume control and change it back without having to restart the HTPC , just make sure your Denon is on and selected the HTPC HDMI input first.
thanks il give that a try tomorrow
post #387 of 426 Old 03-29-2014, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Couldn't try it out today. Classmates came over at 3pm and just left a few minutes ago.
Long day frown.gif

Have work work to do tomorrow as well frown.gif

I guess the cool thing is we used the projector so everyone can view our project. cool.gif
post #388 of 426 Old 03-30-2014, 07:08 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Couldn't try it out today. Classmates came over at 3pm and just left a few minutes ago.
Long day frown.gif

Have work work to do tomorrow as well frown.gif

I guess the cool thing is we used the projector so everyone can view our project. cool.gif

Nice biggrin.gif I bet they were impressed tongue.gif

-

post #389 of 426 Old 04-01-2014, 06:32 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

post #390 of 426 Old 04-01-2014, 07:00 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 85
The Toshiba, because it's the cheapest.

Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
Asrock Z87m Extreme4 Lga1150 Intel Z87 Chipset Ddr3 Quad Crossfirex Quad Sli Sata3 Usb3 0 Microatx M , Asrock , Silverstone Black Milo Series Ml05b Mini Itx Media Center Htpc Case , Rosewill , Seagate , Seagate Hard Drives , Seagate Stbv4000100 4tb Expansion Desktop Drive , Mediabrowser 3 , Mediabrowser
Gear in this thread - Lga1150 by PriceGrabber.com