Liked: 11
I'm having a few odd issues with my new HTPC build. Specs are

intel 2600k
asus p8z68-v pro
8gb of memory
asus nvidia geforce 610
ceton infinitv
windows 7 ultimate

i'm using windows media center and I've got the cable tv coming into it just fine. I have the HTPC hooked up with an HDMI cable to my Denon x4000 and that is hooked up to a samsung 55'' LCD. I'm controlling the whole thing with a Harmony One remote

the HTPC obviously remains powered on all the time but the issue i'm getting arises from when I go to power all of my other devices back on with the harmony remote. several times it has happened where I've hit the 'Watch TV' activity and it powers on my receiver and TV but for some reason windows media center tells me it can't play the TV feed because there is no audio device. sure enough if I look in the system tray, the speaker icon shows no device. I either have to reset the computer or unplug the hdmi cable and plug it back in to get it to detect again. has anyone else seen behavior like this? any ideas on how to fix it? there have also been some other random intermittent issues when turning my receiver and tv back on. sometimes the tuner won't be found or windows media player will throw some error about a video file format not being playable. this is all when trying to just watch regular cable tv through the infinitv.

any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm really enjoying the HTPC with windows media center, but right now it just feels a little flaky and not 100% predictable and stable
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-18-2013, 05:16 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 63
. I have my Yamaha turn on first then have tv-on delayed the amount of time it takes for the Yamaha to cycle on 100%, about 12secs I think. Ymmv.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-18-2013, 07:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 29
HDMI EDID/HDCP/Handshake problem. Turning off the "display" changes what Windows sees as being the audio device which causes various symptoms depending on your GPU and driver version. Here are some Tips and Tricks you can read and try but didn't work for me. Ended up with a Dr HDMI between the PC and AVR
post #4 of 4 Old 12-18-2013, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
thanks for the info and link. i assumed it was a handshake issue. I'm going to try running my hdmi off the onboard HDMI to see what that does and I think i'm also going to give windows 8 a shot on the system as well. I'm still in the experimenting phase with the PC so I'm trying to figure out what works and what doesn't.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page