How to force PC to output 1080/24p? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 12-19-2013, 12:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm considering buying a projector but it can only run the color wheel at 6x in 1080/24p mode. I will only be using the projector with the PC, is there a way to force my video card to always output 1080/24p to ensure the projector always runs at 6x? Would this lower frame rate cause anything noticeable in videos? Would all videos I play whether from the hard drive or bluray discs be converted to 1080/24p regardless of the video's own frame rate?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2013, 10:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I mentioned this in your thread in the projector forum but I'll post here too. You can but you probably don't want to. Running everything at 24hz will result in a really slow and sluggish desktop/front end that will also have a noticeable flicker type effect going on. For videos recorded at 30 or 60 fps, it will also introduce motion artifacts big time.
You'd be best to use a player that can auto switch based on the frame rate of the video so 24p material gets output at 24hz and so on.
The issues that would result from full time 24hz would in my opinion far outweigh any thing a 4x colour wheel would produce (which shouldn't be much of anything unless you are extremely susceptible to RBE).