post #121 of 125 Old 08-20-2014, 02:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermaybe View Post
"Burnt out on tinkering", wrongly purporting a new nuc cannot play 24hz properly; and also falsely detailing the IR doesn't work total precisely zero.
Tunnel vision at its finest. It works to your satisfaction or you don't care about this or that so it doesn't exist. 24Hz with dual HDMI didn't work properly and IR didn't work at all aiming at the screen. That is until I plugged in a little IR sensor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 125 Old 08-20-2014, 03:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post
Tunnel vision at its finest. It works to your satisfaction or you don't care about this or that so it doesn't exist. 24Hz with dual HDMI didn't work properly and IR didn't work at all aiming at the screen. That is until I plugged in a little IR sensor.
Sorry; once again there's a disconnect here...

Now we've moved onto 24hz doesn't work with dual outputs?

UMMM, YOU SAID YOURSELF THESE UNITS DO NOT POSSESS DUAL OUTPUTS! "These" units of course being the topic of THIS THREAD. Good grief.

IR doesn't work unless pointed at the SCREEN? I suppose you mean the INFRARED SENSOR of the unit? Go figure, infrared doesn't work unless aimed towards the INFRARED RECEIVER. Who knew? You went and purchased a "better" one for a unit that doesn't come with one: amazing, congrats.

Thing is though (of course): mine's fine. Two buddies I know say their's is fine. There's no reported issues in this thread: I guess it's just you.

Oh my. Please, enough already. You have been repeatedly rebuked with facts. Now your fallback is to resort to making another false accusation of "tunnel vision" simply because you do not like what you hear/read.

We get it: your chromebox is devastatingly handsome; outperforms the nuc in every measurable way, and makes omelets.

Now, can you please take it to the appropriate thread and let the rest of us suffer with our inferior squares?

Thanks.
Again.

James

Last edited by mastermaybe; 08-20-2014 at 04:59 PM.
post #123 of 125 Old 08-20-2014, 04:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
UMMM, YOU SAID YOURSELF THESE UNITS DO NOT POSSESS DUAL OUTPUTS! "These" units of course being the topic of THIS THREAD. Good grief.

Go figure, infrared doesn't work unless aimed towards the INFRARED RECEIVER.

We get it: your chromebox is devastatingly handsome; outperforms the nuc in every measurable way, and makes omelets.
Ever use the i3 or other versions which happen to support multiple displays? Roughly 90% of the devices I have used work fine bouncing the remote off the screen... the NUC not so much (using the built-in IR).

Please quote one line where I said the Chromebox is a better solution than a NUC? Pointing out differences... sure. I'll even make it easy for you. Here the only line I even remotely compared the two directly (based on my needs... certainly not based on anyone else's)...

It's not as easily upgraded and doesn't have a built-in IR sensor (I hide the unit anyway) but overall I like it as much if not more.

Last edited by Charles R; 08-20-2014 at 04:51 PM.
post #124 of 125 Old 08-20-2014, 04:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post
Ever use the i3 or other versions which happen to support multiple displays? Roughly 90% of the devices I have used work fine bouncing the remote off the screen... the NUC not so much (using the built-in IR).

Please quote one line where I said the Chromebox is a better solution than a NUC? Pointing out differences... sure.
An attempt at humor I suppose? I'll let the posts speak for themselves including "if not more" -- take a look, it's not that far up the page-- bizarrely enough you quoted yourself as if it supports your contention.

and of course the previous posts also include your purported...

"differences" which are based on flat-out false information, including:

1. The NUCS in THIS thread don't support proper 24 hz playback. Baloney.

2. The IR doesn't work/work well. Baloney. It works fine for me, my buddies and apparently all else in this thread.

Now "multiple displays". This discussion in THIS thread on THIS forum is the unit as a MEDIA PLAYER. Enjoy your multiple screen support. Yep- we'll all acknowledge it for you...happy?

Again, you listed "tinkering" and no dual hdmi output as your reasoning.

Live with it. Don't continue to present the same false information to try to make a case that doesn't exist.

And again: please take chromebox talk to a chromebox thread...how many times do you need to be asked to stop off-topic talk?

James
post #125 of 125 Old 08-20-2014, 05:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I'll let the posts speak for themselves including "if not more" -- take a look, it's not that far up the page-- bizarrely enough you quoted yourself as if it supports your contention.
Obviously there are none... so that claim is as accurate as the others.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page