WMC 7 - Fullscreen refresh rate change - Help, this is killing me! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-26-2014, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm in the process of setting up a WMC 7 DVR (HD Homerun OTA and PRIME tuners)

I have a DVDO Edge video processor, and would like to take advantage of it's deinterlacing. Initially I had gone through the WMC TV display setup and set it to 1080p, not knowing of any issues with changing it later. I was seeing what appeared to be some interlacing issues, so I decided to change it to 1080i 59.94 Hz. Unfortunately the change just wouldn't stick. Every time I went to full screen it would change to 1080p60 as verified by the Edge input info screen.

In looking up the issues regarding refresh rates within WMC, it seems there is some wackiness when setting up the TV display settings. Once you go through the configuration and customize it, there seems to be no way to undo it's overriding of the desktop display settings? I had later realized setting the desktop to the 1080i 29 Hertz setting and not customizing should have been the proper way to get the results I wanted? After much trying, it seemed the only way to reset things and remove the WMC override would be to go back to a restore point prior to my configuration.

I did the restore, and prior to running the TV configuration, set the desktop to 1080i 29 Hertz. Starting up WMC, I'm back to where I need to set up my tuners, etc as expected. However, the refresh is still changing! While there is progress in that it actually launched as 1080i, it is unfortunately at 60Hz unlike the desktop's 59.94 Hz. I shrank WMC to a window instead of full screen, hoping that running the TV display settings fresh and choosing to use the current settings would help. Nope. It still changes when I go to full screen.

Does anyone know how to get WMC 7 (x64) to actually output 1080i 59.94Hz when full screen? Note, I'm using a PC with integrated Intel GPU (HD 2500). This is really frustrating me. I saw there was a plug in from some Australian WMC forum that allows you to change refresh rates within WMC. However the download page is no longer available, so I can't install that as a workaround.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-27-2014, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I think I should take a step back here for a moment. In my continued searching, I've found a few posters at various forums stating that 1080i output is still be deinterlaced ... and then re-interlaced at the output stage. ie. the decoding will always deinterlace regardless of whether the output is set to progressive or interlaced.

Can anyone with knowledge of the matter confirm this? If it is the case, I guess my issue is moot since I might as well output at 1080p59.94?
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page