HD-PVR with TiVo Roamio - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-26-2014, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a couple of questions.

I have not used my HD-PVR (the 1212, the original one) in a while. I now use a TiVo Roamio, where, before I used Directv hardware that had both hdmi and component outputs. The 1212 has component input and outputs, and I need to get the signal out of the TiVo which only has HDMI. Will this cable work, or do I need something more sophisticated?

And would it work to split the hdmi signal from the TiVo, and run one hdmi directly into the my Onkyo 808 receiver (which I use as switcher for the video sources feeding into my plasma, and the other (using a converter such as this one) into the HD-PVR for capturing?

I am not interested in using the HD-PVR as a tuner. I just want to capture content live from the TiVo.

Sorry to be so rusty, but I am having to dust off both the HD-PVR and my knowledge about what works, and what does not. It has been awhile. Thanks in advance.

mobilelawyer
at your service
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-26-2014, 07:01 PM

Liked: 11
You will need a hdmi to component convertor box to continue to use your 1212 those cables linked above will not work for your purpose.
post #3 of 6 Old 01-26-2014, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by springmaker View Post

You will need a hdmi to component convertor box to continue to use your 1212 those cables linked above will not work for your purpose.

Any particular one that has worked for you or others?

mobilelawyer
at your service
post #4 of 6 Old 01-27-2014, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Too complicated. Just get a CableCARD tuner, and take the CableCARD out of Roamio, and you have your DVR and capture device in one. Much, much simpler.

Seems like a really difficult way to record something from Cable.

6 TV's in the house on FiOS and we only pay $4.99/month to connect them all!!! Power to the CableCard and WMC7!!!
post #5 of 6 Old 01-27-2014, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 200
just an idea (this might not work):

are you able to run component/audio OUT of your receiver and into your hd-pvr while you send HDMI to your tv??

My HTPC front end set up
Integration for whole home ATSC, CableCARD, FM radio, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, DVD, VHS control & capture, video games, and archived & streaming media playback
Mironto's Panasonic plasma black level restoration guide
Restore the initial MLL on a 2009 Panasonic plasma
post #6 of 6 Old 01-28-2014, 06:03 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilelawyer View Post

Any particular one that has worked for you or others?

I bought one on amazon about a year ago that is working great for me. Unfortunately, the model I bought is no longer available. The description of the item was a "ViewHD Two Input HDMI to RGB Component YPbPr / VGA 2x1 Switch Converter Support 5.1CH Surround Sound" If you do an amazon search for it, you get this as the first choice. This looks identical to my unit with the exception of the "hdfury pro" label. I use my converter to convert one of the outputs of my 4x2 HDMI matrix switch for input to my HDPVR 1212. I have not had a single problem and the quality is just great. Keep in mind, some reviewers had problems with this unit but I did not. It passes 1080i video with 5.1 audio to my HDPVR. I can route my PS3, TIVO, Android tablet, every HDMI signal I have thrown at it has worked.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page