TuneIn Radio Plugin not showing in WMC7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 01-30-2014, 07:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I was excited to see that TuneIn Radio has a plugin for WMC, but it doesn't work too well. If I click on the Radio Time.mcl file it will open WMC & go to Radio Time, but when I go back to the main menu in WMC there's no icon for RadioTime. How do I get this to appear on the WMC menu permanently?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-30-2014, 07:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 235
Where on your PC is the mcl file?

Inside WMC is it in the "extras" library?

My HTPC front end set up
Integration for whole home ATSC, CableCARD, FM radio, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, DVD, VHS control & capture, video games, and archived & streaming media playback
Mironto's Panasonic plasma black level restoration guide
Restore the initial MLL on a 2009 Panasonic plasma
post #3 of 8 Old 01-30-2014, 08:36 AM - Thread Starter

I downloaded the mcl file to my desktop. I guess the problem is that it didn't really install anything, so I need to put a shortcut in WMC to it. Is that something I can do with MCStudioLauncher? It's not in Extras or the Music Strip.
post #4 of 8 Old 01-30-2014, 08:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 235
I'm not familiar with Tune In at all, but it sounds like its an MCL file that opens Internet Explorer INSIDE WMC. Is that the case?

Either way, I would assume you need to put the file here:
Quote:
For all users:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Media Center\Media Center Programs

For one specific user:

C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Media Center\Media Center Programs

Depending on your personal settings you may need to show hidden files in order to browse to this location in Windows Explorer. On Windows 7 you will probably also need to create the last two folders.

http://thedigitallifestyle.com/w/index.php/2010/04/27/displaying-a-webpage-inside-windows-7-media-centre/

What does the inside of the MCL file say? Open it with Notepad.

My HTPC front end set up
Integration for whole home ATSC, CableCARD, FM radio, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, DVD, VHS control & capture, video games, and archived & streaming media playback
Mironto's Panasonic plasma black level restoration guide
Restore the initial MLL on a 2009 Panasonic plasma
post #5 of 8 Old 01-31-2014, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses pitsoccer33. I finally figured it out. On the Radiotime.com website they have a link that says "Download Windows Media Center" & another link right below that that says "Install the Tunein Radio Plugin." I was clicking the "Install the Tunein Radio Plugin" link, but the correct link for the installer was the "Download Windows Media Center."
post #6 of 8 Old 08-21-2014, 11:38 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Plugin No Longer Working?

The RadioTime Media Center plug-in stopped working for me. (I just discovered that today since I don't use it often.) I'm getting an error that says I must be connected to the internet for it to work. I did a search for that error and found someone else that is getting the same error. I'll do some more research to try and figure out what is going on with the plug-in but I am guessing that it may just no longer work. Any info about the status of the plug-in would be appreciated. I'll come back later after I've done my research and update y'all with what I find.
post #7 of 8 Old 10-01-2014, 11:32 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
here is what i got from Tunein Radio.

Hello,

The Windows Media Center plugin is no longer available for use or download. It is a difficult decision to shut down a product, but this will allow us to focus on building new and more engaging features on our many remaining products. We appreciate your longtime support and understanding.

Sincerely,

Kyle
TuneIn
post #8 of 8 Old 10-01-2014, 04:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 754 Post(s)
Liked: 484
If you stream just a few radio stations in WMC as I do, this method works very well:
http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/...hp?f=49&t=4610
Reply Home Theater Computers