Can you control htpc fan from iphone? - AVS Forum
Home Theater Computers > Can you control htpc fan from iphone?
pd veeps's Avatar pd veeps 07:24 PM 02-22-2014
I was wondering if there is an app and software that allows you to control your htpc fan from iphone.

mdavej's Avatar mdavej 07:45 PM 02-22-2014
There are many, many apps for this. My favorites are Hippo Remote and MobileMouse.
pd veeps's Avatar pd veeps 12:38 PM 02-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

There are many, many apps for this. My favorites are Hippo Remote and MobileMouse.

I should rephrase. I want to control my cpu cooling fan.
mdavej's Avatar mdavej 01:57 PM 02-23-2014
It's a keyboard and mouse, so you can control whatever you want. Why isn't your fan speed automatic?
pd veeps's Avatar pd veeps 03:19 PM 02-23-2014
What's the best cpu fan controlling software that I can also monitor the cpu temp from my iphone. Right now the bios is controlling it but it's not very easy to set to my liking.
pkscout's Avatar pkscout 11:22 PM 02-24-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by pd veeps View Post

What's the best cpu fan controlling software that I can also monitor the cpu temp from my iphone. Right now the bios is controlling it but it's not very easy to set to my liking.

If you're using Windows, SpeedFan would be a good choice. No remote monitoring or control from your phone, but the options for automatic control are really good. If you happen to be using XBMC, I wrote an addon to display the current information about the fan and temps within XBMC.
pd veeps's Avatar pd veeps 08:04 AM 02-25-2014
Thanks. Installed speedfan yesterday and seems to be working great. I like how it shows my hdd temps as well.

How do I get the xbmc addon?
pkscout's Avatar pkscout 12:36 AM 02-27-2014
Go to the addons area of XBMC and find the main XBMC repo. SpeedFan Info Dsiplay is in the programs area. It requires some work to get setup (Google XBMC wiki Speedfan and you should find the instructions), and there is a support thread in the XBMC forums.
Up
Mobile  Desktop