2014 Plex versus MB3 Media Browser 3-which one is the best? - Page 7 - AVS Forum
View Poll Results: Which one do you prefer-Plex or MB3?
Plex 39 29.77%
Media Browser 3 71 54.20%
Other 21 16.03%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 
 32Likes

post #181 of 227 Old 07-31-2014, 11:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajhieb View Post
No. No it doesn't. You may prefer it, but it certainly isn't necessary. You do know what the word "need" means, right?
if you can't be civil, I won't waste my time with you. your brand of rude condescension is tiresome and unnecessary. If you ever decide to have an adult conversation, I'll be happy to discuss this further with you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 227 Old 07-31-2014, 11:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked: 386
Had you wanted to had an adult conversation, you could have started by acting like an adult. That said, original post has been edited and I look forward to your well reasoned thoughtful, intelligent response...

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjoshuad View Post
They only have the two most important parts available in release form for one OS. They have betas for one piece to support two more OS, but apparently there are no plans for a full client for anything but windows. So yes, I say they are aligning themselves with just one OS. The rest is an afterthought at best, and isn't released yet anyway. Developing the server piece for linux and OSX is a good start, but without a full client... what's the point? an HTPC needs a full client, no?
No. No it doesn't. You may prefer it, but it certainly isn't necessary.

Prior to moving to a client/server model, the previous incarnation of MediaBrowser existed only as a plugin, not as a full client, and it worked quite well.

That said, the fact that they are planning on releasing an OSX and linux server is proof positive that they are aligning themselves with multiple OSes. The fact that they already have clients out for Android and IOS is proof positive that they are aligning themselves with multiple OSes. Your continued insistence to the contrary completely ignores what they are actively working on and what they've already released. Just because something hasn't been released in it's final form doesn't mean it's being ignored.

I don't know what is so difficult for you to understand. The project originated as a plugin for WMC. (That's Windows Media Center if you aren't familiar) and it seems painfully obvious to me that a group that had already been releasing software for Windows Media Center would likely start with something familiar like a Windows server and Windows client before moving into other platforms that aren't Windows. Furthermore considering the demand for mobile content it seems pretty straightforward that an Android and IOS client would be next.

But I know if I was trying to get my product used by as many people as possible, as quickly as possible, I'd release things like Roku apps and XBMC plugins long before I'd even think about a native linux client. Heck, I probably would be working on a Synology and QNAP server before I'd spend any time on a full blown linux client. (especially if they could take advantage of hardware transcoding available on a lot of the NAS boxes that Plex won't do)

The point is, linux/OSX users aren't being ignored. In fact since many of the people who are using linux/OSX for thier HTPC are already running XBMC, I'd argue they've already been addressed for the most part.

RAID protection is only for failed drives. That's it. It's no replacement for a proper backup.
post #183 of 227 Old 08-01-2014, 12:05 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 50
LOL...

I was really hoping this would not turn into an OS bashing, sentimental debate...

Just hope you guys would "chillax" (chill + relax) and respect each others opinion / choice...

While the MB3 guys are working their way into the Linux / OSX arena, the Plex guys are busing working on additional eye candy features... movies trailers being automatically downloaded as soon as you add a movie to your library... etc...

With the rate at which things are going between these two products, I see a point in time when it will almost not matter any more which one of the two you choose...
IMO, however, I would prefer a Linux MB3 client to an XBMC plugin... from experience with XBMC, you sometimes require a specific version of XBMC to work with a specific version plugin, this sometimes leads to trade-offs you might not be thinking of in the beginning...

Anyway, from my side, I will start playing around with the MB3 server as soon as they have their rpm or deb packages out...
ajhieb likes this.

Last edited by balky; 08-01-2014 at 12:17 AM.
post #184 of 227 Old 08-01-2014, 05:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 814
I agree.... Interesting side line discussion but back to our regularly scheduled programming :

Mb3 vs PLEX

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #185 of 227 Old 08-01-2014, 09:10 PM

Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
The rest is an afterthought at best, and isn't released yet anyway. Developing the server piece for linux and OSX is a good start, but without a full client... what's the point? an HTPC needs a full client, no?
The need for a client is entirely dependent on how you will be employing your HTPC and your server. If they are separate machines, then yes, you need a client for the front end. XBMB3C works wonderfully for that and is a linux-viable solution. You may feel it is a hack. Many users find it to be the very best user-experience they have come across as it basically takes the best of both sides and puts them under one umbrella. XBMC can be employed as a server, but it is not nearly as robust in features.

However, if your HTPC is your server, then no, you do not need to have a client at all. The browser interface in MB3 is phenomenal. While you won't have the customized front end, you can still browse the wall of posters for a movie or television show/episode and direct play from there. The folks over at MB3 are working on bringing linux people in even more readily than they currently do. But MB3 is already viable for dedicated linux users.
post #186 of 227 Old 08-02-2014, 02:00 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I use all three OS. Ubuntu, windows and Mac. I rarely have any issues with any of them if I'm honest (malware side of things). Of course, I've used windows longest, and had a few run-ins along the way, but it's not as common anymore.

As far as user experience goes, windows (even 8.1) is probably still my favourite but each has their advantages.

I'm close to giving mb3 another run... Installed the server again last night after running into some bother with Plex. The saga continues lol
post #187 of 227 Old 08-03-2014, 10:44 AM

to clarify a few things:

I was attempting to be respectful at every turn... I wasn't granted that same courtesy but I did try to keep that in mind

Also, I didn't mean that I think XBMC itself is a hack. I actually really like it and ran it for a while, but it just doesn't fit the mold of what I need. I moved onto Plex, which shares its roots with XBMC. I'm not 100% happy with plex either, but right now it does the job I need done better than anything else I've found. What I was referring to was the concept of the only non-windows front-end for MB3 being a wholly separate piece of software... that's what I consider a hack. They have a full client for windows, so obviously they intend to be a full-client solution. Just not for any other OS.

last, I still think that an HTPC, for the majority of users, needs a remote-driven UI. The 10-foot interface, as it were. A web browser UI is great for many use cases, but IMO it deviates from what really defines an HTPC. XBMC provides a great remote-driven UI, but things get a bit hairy when you have multiple TVs or multiple types of clients in one house that all need to share the same media library. Doable, yes... but it's not really built for that. Which is fine if you don't need that. But, I do

Last edited by djjoshuad; 08-03-2014 at 10:47 AM.
post #188 of 227 Old 08-03-2014, 11:03 AM
AVS Addicted Member

That is probably one of the biggest advantages to MB server... you have a central program that is very powerful at managing your library and it can support multiple users and accounts, local and away playback, very powerful metadata and organization, ability to combines all different clients and keep user data and play status in tact.

I love that I can watch an episode on the HTPC then pick up the ipad in bed and resume where I left off, or that the ROKU in the other room can tell me what is the last episode I watch or which I am on. If you use multiple products like I do it's really great for that. ROKU, ipad, HTPC... I can keep a consistent solution.

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #189 of 227 Old 08-03-2014, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post
That is probably one of the biggest advantages to MB server... you have a central program that is very powerful at managing your library and it can support multiple users and accounts, local and away playback, very powerful metadata and organization, ability to combines all different clients and keep user data and play status in tact.

I love that I can watch an episode on the HTPC then pick up the ipad in bed and resume where I left off, or that the ROKU in the other room can tell me what is the last episode I watch or which I am on. If you use multiple products like I do it's really great for that. ROKU, ipad, HTPC... I can keep a consistent solution.
Plex and MB3 are both built around that model which I think is the way all similar solutions should be going. It just seems to suit more people.

I will say this... if MB3 does a better job than plex with that silly roku UI, I'll switch as soon as they have a solid linux server release. The roku would be perfect for me but looking at the plex roku client makes me want to cry. I have bought Roku twice now and returned it each time. I keep hoping that they'll come out with Roku4 which I keep hoping will have fewer restrictions on its UI, allowing a truly beautiful and immersive experience like the full clients for plex and mb3 both seem to have.
post #190 of 227 Old 08-03-2014, 11:46 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Take a look at this MB Roku app http://mediabrowser.tv/community/ind...tre-goes-free/

Its still a work-in-progress but the eye candy is awesome!

I can't decide which one I want to use; so I use both at the moment. MB controls the metadata for the most part, but I find myself using Plex for remote viewing when away from my network.
djjoshuad and Aryn Ravenlocke like this.
post #191 of 227 Old 08-03-2014, 12:00 PM

that looks pretty good. I'd like to see a screencap of how it browses the TV Show library, for instance. If memory serves, that is the part that hurt my eyes the most. I know Roku has a name for it (ribbon something maybe?) but I can't think of what that name is. It was bad enough to keep me away from Roku... if the app you linked has done away with that "feature" I could be very happy!
post #192 of 227 Old 08-03-2014, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked: 386
Quote:
to clarify a few things:

I was attempting to be respectful at every turn... I wasn't granted that same courtesy but I did try to keep that in mind
That's great that you were attempting, but you failed at your attempts. You came into this thread oozing of condescension.

Quote:
Also, I didn't mean that I think XBMC itself is a hack. I actually really like it and ran it for a while, but it just doesn't fit the mold of what I need. I moved onto Plex, which shares its roots with XBMC. I'm not 100% happy with plex either, but right now it does the job I need done better than anything else I've found. What I was referring to was the concept of the only non-windows front-end for MB3 being a wholly separate piece of software... that's what I consider a hack. They have a full client for windows, so obviously they intend to be a full-client solution. Just not for any other OS.
It isn't a hack. It is a stop-gap solution to keep guys like you happy. It seems pretty obvious to me that despite you incessant whining about how they are ignoring linux users, they are quite clearly moving in that direction. Your expectations that they snap their fingers and magic up a full blown linux client and server out of thin air is utterly ridiculous. They started as a Windows only platform. They were a Windows Media Center Plugin. Why is it so bloody difficult for you to understand why they released a Windows server and client first?

As far as your complaint about the reliance of another program in order to run equating to a hack... By that same logic, pretty much every media center solution not named OpenElec is a hack as it is pretty much a self contained os/front-end. All the other solutions rely on having an entire OS loaded to support the front end which, by your logic, makes it a hack as well. It appears you're looking for some sort of purely embedded solution. That's fine and you're entitled to your opinion, but that doesn't change the fact that XBMB3C is a perfectly functional, viable solution for linux and OSX users.

Quote:
last, I still think that an HTPC, for the majority of users, needs a remote-driven UI. The 10-foot interface, as it were. A web browser UI is great for many use cases, but IMO it deviates from what really defines an HTPC. XBMC provides a great remote-driven UI, but things get a bit hairy when you have multiple TVs or multiple types of clients in one house that all need to share the same media library. Doable, yes... but it's not really built for that. Which is fine if you don't need that. But, I do
Agreed. That's why I think it's great that they made the XBMC plugin so linux and OSX users weren't left out in the cold for the 10 foot UI.

But it appears to be that all your complaints boil down to being unhappy about the MB3 team not releasing a linux client and server at the same time as their windows client and server. And while I suppose its as valid as anything else to complain about if that's your sort of thing, I think its totally unreasonable to expect, and just comes off like sour grapes because they didn't release your client when you wanted them to.

RAID protection is only for failed drives. That's it. It's no replacement for a proper backup.
post #193 of 227 Old 08-04-2014, 03:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 39
It's actually rather shocking how far ahead of Plex MB3 is and how many features they've added in such a short time, while improving performance and looks, and having as a design goal compatibility and openness. This is practically unheard of. And Plex had the advantage of starting from XBMC code base which they still rely on.

This may sound unkind, but Plex like most software with Mac roots is dumbed down and designed for people who don't want to config anything and locked down with proprietary Apple protocols. MB3 is much more open and is adding advanced features rapidly, while Plex is focusing on features exclusive to PlexPass and social stuff.

We should be lucky we have such high quality options available.
post #194 of 227 Old 08-04-2014, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
This may sound unkind, but Plex like most software with Mac roots is dumbed down and designed for people who don't want to config anything and locked down with proprietary Apple protocols.
I know this is a common misconception but it's still a misconception. I don't know how that idea got out there... perhaps it's that windows folk are used to doing everything in a GUI, and when they don't see something they want to do in the GUI they assume it can't be done... who knows? But I can tell you without a doubt that the quoted statement is false. There are no proprietary apple protocols in plex or anything else... what proprietary protocols are you referring to? It isn't dumbed down by any stretch of the imagination, nor is any other piece of OSX or linux software (they are often the same thing).

I'm sure you've heard that quip about the nerdiest guy in the room: "I bet he knows UNIX." People say that because UNIX has historically been too complicated for the average user, being reserved for true computer nerds (like me, I admit). Well, OSX is UNIX with a pretty GUI. It's definitely not dumbed down.
post #195 of 227 Old 08-04-2014, 04:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 39
I misspoke, sorry. Perhaps I was confused that Plex uses Bonjour for discovery, I don't know if that's true.

I was referring to things like box sets, controlling transcoding, storing metadata by default in compatible formats, handling nested folders etc. But I also know that in other areas like defining multiple libraries, Plex is more intuitive. And I was actually complementing Plex in that it seems to choose right defaults for most people and just work out of the box. When I was using it, it was certainly a more pain free install than XBMC at the time. I've been folling/using Plex since Plex 9, back when Alexandria was announced and got very excited at how they'd made a proper system for metadata, collections etc instead of XBMC's movies/tv library.

And I'm new to OSX but I use a MBP for my job so I've had to get comfortable with the linux shell fast.
post #196 of 227 Old 08-04-2014, 04:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
And Plex had the advantage of starting from XBMC code base which they still rely on.
Only Plex Media Theater is a fork of xbmc. Plex server and clients were done from the ground up and are different code than xbmc.
post #197 of 227 Old 08-04-2014, 07:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by lulimet View Post
Only Plex Media Theater is a fork of xbmc. Plex server and clients were done from the ground up and are different code than xbmc.
All the desktop clients have been xbmc forked. The current name is Plex Home Theater (Win/Mac/Nix) forked from XBMC Frodo. That replaced the Plex Media Center (Win/Mac) applications that were available before hand (which on their last versions were XBMC Eden forks, aka no HD audio)

It's always funny to me seeing a certain xbmc basher say its PQ is the worst and that Plex is better

Yes though, PMS was different as well as the apps that sprang up - ios, android, wp, roku, etc. All of which are closed source along with the server, PlexHT (like PMC before it) is open source
post #198 of 227 Old 08-04-2014, 08:10 PM

Quote:
I misspoke, sorry. Perhaps I was confused that Plex uses Bonjour for discovery, I don't know if that's true.

I was referring to things like box sets, controlling transcoding, storing metadata by default in compatible formats, handling nested folders etc. But I also know that in other areas like defining multiple libraries, Plex is more intuitive. And I was actually complementing Plex in that it seems to choose right defaults for most people and just work out of the box. When I was using it, it was certainly a more pain free install than XBMC at the time. I've been folling/using Plex since Plex 9, back when Alexandria was announced and got very excited at how they'd made a proper system for metadata, collections etc instead of XBMC's movies/tv library.

And I'm new to OSX but I use a MBP for my job so I've had to get comfortable with the linux shell fast.
no harm, no foul . I can understand the confusion with bonjour. Bonjour is an implementation of mDNS which is in no way proprietary. Yes, the original RFC came from Apple. But, just because they invented it doesn't mean they made it proprietary . Lots of systems use mDNS/zeroconf implementations. Even Windows, if you want it to. The concept is similar in some ways to NETBIOS that IBM and (in its own way) Microsoft used in the 90s, but it's an improved way of doing the same thing. I cut my teeth in the computer world figuring out how to make IPX and NetBIOS networks play nicely together... hint: they don't like to

Plex is good at a lot of things, and not so good at a lot of things. Personally I'm fine with about 90% of it. Even really happy with at least 50% of it. But there is that 40% of "meh" and that 10% of "don't like" that make me want something different.

At one point a few years ago I actually wrote my own, rather rudimentary client/server setup in python that did *everything* I wanted, without the fancy UI. It gathered up the stuff I wanted to download from all the places I used for such things, it organized my media and generated meta for DLNA and web functions... Then I found other software that I didn't have to keep writing and fixing and adding features to. PMS (or PS3MS as it's now called) did some cool stuff, and I used it for a bit. Then XBMC gave me the UI I wanted but wasn't able to do on my own (I'm not the artistic type. computer nerd like I said ). It wasn't perfect but it *was* cool and it was definitely better than what I had done on my own. Then came Plex and all of my wants/needs were addressed. For a while.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that I'm using Plex because when I started using Plex it was the most perfect thing *for me*. MB wasn't even on my radar because it required windows, XBMC didn't do everything I wanted it to, and none of the other options I could find were any better than Plex. So, that's what I use. Now that MB3 is making itself available to a wider audience, I intend to give it a look when it's ready. If it's better, I'll use it. I'm not married to any one application... I've probably tried them all at some point. Right now though, there isn't a better solution than Plex for my situation.

P.S. - OSX is not linux. it's similar... but what you have is unix, not linux. Darwin, to be specific. but, if you learn one *nix, the rest are easy to pick up.
post #199 of 227 Old 08-04-2014, 08:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 60
I like how well distributed Plex is on all the devices BUT it doesnt even come close to comparing the visual interface you get on Media Browser 3 and there is a lot fun plug-ins to enhance the experience, hopefully MB3 will expand just like Plex did and improve their Roku and Android interfaces as well..

post #200 of 227 Old 08-05-2014, 05:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Slayer View Post
All the desktop clients have been xbmc forked. The current name is Plex Home Theater (Win/Mac/Nix) forked from XBMC Frodo.
Yeah, I meant to say Plex Home Theater. Plex claims that only PMT is forked from xbmc. Everything else is new code.
post #201 of 227 Old 08-05-2014, 09:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
to clarify a few things:

Well done. It's ok to disagree, but it's not a reason to be disrespectful. Everyone doesn't have to agree around here. It's more fun around here too once you figure that out.
djjoshuad likes this.

-

post #202 of 227 Old 08-25-2014, 01:05 AM

Liked: 6
Quote:
When a software company makes the conscious decision to develop a non-portable application, they choose to exclude a segment of their potential audience. I will never understand that philosophy when it's done intentionally. I don't know if MB3 was developed to be portable or not... but even if it was, I disagree with the idea of bringing one port to release well ahead of others. If the application is portable, then port it to more than one platform from the get-go, and give others the ability to port to edge cases if they choose. That strategy works well for *tons* of software today. MB3 going a different direction throws up some red flags for me. It's at least a little bit confusing.
Hi There,

I'm one of the Devs over at MB, more for Media Center Client MB-Classic and Themes/Plugins, but hope I can clear up a few things for you.

The app has been made completey portable and there is a full functioning API that can be intrepreted to any coding language for clients. It certainly hasn't gone the direction that you feel it has. Our problem is recruiting developers. Our team is growning but as you probably know getting devs can be difficult, especially if they are already involved in other Open Source projects. If you know of someone you think would like to join the MB team, please get them to message me here or even over at the MB forums.

We've proved it's portable by releasing all of the client apps for various hand held devices, ROKU, Android mini pc's, iOS, android powered devices, Linux Server, OSX Server, Windows Server, Media Centre, Windows Phone, Windows 8,1 Client, Surface Pro's. The Guys have been hard at work to bring XBMB3C compatible with skins for XBMC and any of the servers. These are certainly not specific to one coding language, there is a massive diversity of C#, html, java, jquery, mcml, nextstep(or whatever iOS calls it now, think it's Xcode), brightscript, python, and many more.

Initially the stable versions were released as Beta's over a year ago as there was tonnes of work going on and this is still the case, i guess that mindset still stands and until Linux and OSX Servers have been better tested by our testing team, they will remain that way until the devs are happy to move it to release. That isn't to say they aren't stable by any means. Similar to Nightly Builds for XBMC, they are just new features/fixes which can be had by their community to improve the media experience prior to a full release.

One final word.... You don't even need to install a client, just install the server and you can access all of your media through your favourite browser.

Anyways thanks for your time.

Cheese

Last edited by cheesegeezer; 08-25-2014 at 03:06 AM.
post #203 of 227 Old 09-05-2014, 06:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I've officially stopped using PLEX, I removed it and the server is no longer installed on my server. MB has replaced enough of the functions of PLEX I once enjoyed.

Perhaps a "sync" feature is all that is missing really.

-

post #204 of 227 Old 09-05-2014, 06:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I've officially stopped using PLEX, I removed it and the server is no longer installed on my server. MB has replaced enough of the functions of PLEX I once enjoyed.

Perhaps a "sync" feature is all that is missing really.
Congrats...

I don't see that happening around here anytime soon... we have Plex clients all over the place... 3x i - devices, ATV2 (jail broken), android device, 3x Samsung TVs, 3x HTPCs... etc...
Nothing compelling the move away from Plex architecture at the moment...
post #205 of 227 Old 09-05-2014, 07:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I've officially stopped using PLEX, I removed it and the server is no longer installed on my server. MB has replaced enough of the functions of PLEX I once enjoyed
I use MB3 exclusively for metadata management now

I still have Plex installed for remote playback. There are a couple quirks and shortcomings still present in the MB3 android apps. Well, it's more like 1.5 yrs behind plex for android. In fairness, Plex has been around way more than 1.5 yrs longer than MB3, but some areas like metadata management and api have moved way beyond what plex offered so might as well compare performance without giving any excuses

Most of the performance is supposed to be improved (fixed?) with the unreleased android beta, but it's supposed to be coming soon . . .
post #206 of 227 Old 09-05-2014, 07:18 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Quote:

I still have Plex installed for remote playback. There are a couple quirks and shortcomings still present in the MB3 android apps. Well, it's more like 1.5 yrs behind plex for android. In fairness, Plex has been around way more than 1.5 yrs longer than MB3, but some areas like metadata management and api have moved way beyond what plex offered so might as well compare performance without giving any excuses

Most of the performance is supposed to be improved (fixed?) with the unreleased android beta, but it's supposed to be coming soon . . .
Exact same situation for me. Long time MB user, love MBC. But found the clients lacking for remote playback and finally installed plex to handle those situations, which aren't too often for me. Plex does the transcoding better at the moment, but I'm sure MB will catch up.
post #207 of 227 Old 09-05-2014, 07:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I intentionally stopped short of making any comment regarding MB3... just for the sake of not being called cheap or getting shot in the face...
My Plex server runs in a FreeNAS jail, and all HTPCs are linux based...
MB3 is like probably more than 1.5 yrs behind Plex in general, but can be considered very good for Windows based environment especially when considering the eye candy factor...

Plex is not standing still BTW... check out the latest version of the Samsung TV client...
post #208 of 227 Old 09-05-2014, 12:46 PM

Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by balky View Post
Congrats...

I don't see that happening around here anytime soon... we have Plex clients all over the place... 3x i - devices, ATV2 (jail broken), android device, 3x Samsung TVs, 3x HTPCs... etc...
Nothing compelling the move away from Plex architecture at the moment...
Of course, MB3 has apps for all of those too. The Android stuff has really started coming along too.
post #209 of 227 Old 09-05-2014, 12:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn Ravenlocke View Post
Of course, MB3 has apps for all of those too. The Android stuff has really started coming along too.
I disagree. Perhaps the closed beta is coming along, but the actual release which most are stuck with isn't using as efficient of a transcoder from the server side and its casting support is very poor

This could all change with the new release, but there hasn't been noticeable improvement for quite some time and until the new release it's really not coming along at all
post #210 of 227 Old 09-05-2014, 05:23 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Thanks, we are working hard on bringing sync features to Media Browser.
Mfusick and Dark_Slayer like this.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page