AVS Forum banner

PowerDVD v14 vs. v13?

725 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  cgott42 
#1 ·
I currently have PowerDVD Ultra v13 to play blurays and Windows Media Center HDTV files - I like it, however they have v14 out now (on sale too) and was wondering if anyone has the 2 can comment on how much improvement in PQ there is (if any) or any other reasons you think it may /maynot be worth the upgrade

thx

#2 ·
Why would the picture quality improve? I doubt they are adding madvr support.

All you are getting is some new features which you might not even care about and extended support for aacs updates.

I wouldn't bother upgrading till they stop providing free aacs updates.

#3 ·
For me v14 was a big step up compared to v13. When I was watching 3D Blu-Ray with v13, after a few minutes I always got playback slow downs for a few seconds. These slow downs reappeared every few minutes. It tried it with an NVidia and AMD card but the slow downs had nothing to do with graphic cards. Cyberlink support was completely useless as always. I ended up using WinDVD Pro for 3D Blu-Ray. I tried v14 when it came out and the slow downs are gone. (There still present in v13). I also think that the UI of v14 is a little bit faster and more responsive than v13.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.