XBOX 360 and Universal remote programming issues - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-09-2014, 07:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Since Microsoft removed the requirement for Live Gold to access Netflix, I switched our bedroom Linksys extender with XBOX360. Unlike the Linksys, which remained on all the time, because of the energy requirements of XBOX 360 I decided to program the Universal URC WR7 remote to turn on the XBOX and TV at the same time.

I followed all the programming directions, and pressing the "Power on" button only powers the TV. In order to power up the XBOX I have to press AUX (XBOX is programmed under AUX device) and then press "Power on" same for "Power off"

I spent a good amount of time, playing with pauses, and sequence of powering commands, and still can not make the XBOX power on with the one button push.

IT is not a big deal, but it is frustrating.

I know I got the right code, everything works, as far as commands go, and I can even power up and down the XBOX, as long as I press AUX button first.

I even thought maybe I had a bum remote (we've used it for a while with the linksys) I grabbed a spare, and same result. I can not power up or down the XBOX with the remote, unless I specifically press AUX button.

Anyone have any clue as to why? and what to do?

Thanks!

6 TV's in the house on FiOS and we only pay $4.99/month to connect them all!!! Power to the CableCard and WMC7!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-09-2014, 07:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 213
My memory seems to think that the Xbox 360 media remote is not compatible with the rest of the "green button" remotes. In the 360 settings you specify whether you are using a 360 remote or another WMC green button one. Are you getting your wires crossed there by chance?

My HTPC front end set up
Integration for whole home ATSC, CableCARD, FM radio, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, DVD, VHS control & capture, video games, and archived & streaming media playback
Mironto's Panasonic plasma black level restoration guide
Restore the initial MLL on a 2009 Panasonic plasma
post #3 of 5 Old 06-09-2014, 09:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 553 Post(s)
Liked: 429
Of course you'll have to press AUX to send Xbox commands. How else will the remote know which device you're controlling? Just add that AUX step to your macro.
post #4 of 5 Old 06-09-2014, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsoccer33 View Post

My memory seems to think that the Xbox 360 media remote is not compatible with the rest of the "green button" remotes. In the 360 settings you specify whether you are using a 360 remote or another WMC green button one. Are you getting your wires crossed there by chance?

I have used both codes, the "Green button" Linksys/HP/PC/D-Link code and XBOX specific code. The XBOX it self is set to recognize both.

When I use the Linksys remote, the right button, that controls the extender, powers it on and off. But, Linksys remotes are flimsy, and don't light up. Plus for high WAF, all of the remotes in the house are the same.

6 TV's in the house on FiOS and we only pay $4.99/month to connect them all!!! Power to the CableCard and WMC7!!!
post #5 of 5 Old 06-09-2014, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

Of course you'll have to press AUX to send Xbox commands. How else will the remote know which device you're controlling? Just add that AUX step to your macro.

The way I programmed the remote, it is always in AUX. The volume, power and mute commands as "punch through" for the TV.

Just for the heck of it, I programmed it with the extender not xbox code. It operates the extender, as intended; Pressing the "power on" powers up both the TV and the extender, and "power off" powers off the TV and extender, without the need to press additional buttons. However, going to the XBOX (using linksys code), it refuses to power it on, without additional press of the AUX button.

The main TV remote is programmed to turn on the TV and AVR, in the same fashion, and there is no need for additional button presses. Pressing "power on" turns on the TV and the AVR (HTPC is always on), while still in AUX mode to control the HTPC, with volume and mute punched through for the AVR.

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page