AVS Forum banner

Chromecast question

669 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Foxbat121 
#1 ·
If I want to bring a TV outside to watch some of the FIFA games, will a chromecast work? Basically, my laptop has WMC which can play livetv from my Ceton. Can I use Chromecast to play wirelessly to my tv using this laptop?

I have electric outlet outside but nothing else and yes WiFi reaches with good signal there.

#2 ·
Chromecast needs WiFi and power through either an outlet or USB so you should be good to go on it working in general.

I'm not sure what you are trying to play on the Chromecast, but WMC live TV isn't going to work. You can cast Plex, MB3, Netflix, and tons of other things.

I take a Chromecast on vacation and that opens up my collection, using Plex, while I'm away.

#8 ·
^ that pretty much sums up the limitations of Chromecast. It is virtually useless for local contents. Wirelessly cast anything at full resolution of 1080p is what Miracast promised and it does work in most cases. I have both at home and rarely ever touched Chromecast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.