I think the discussion is very interesting.
I backup all my important data (photos, home videos, documents) to my NAS today so for every file I have two copies. I use the MS SyncToy to keep the backup file in sync with original files. There are two issues:
1) The backup is still in the house, some one can steal the devices and all data is gone
2) There is no versioning control, so if I accidently delete a file, the backup file will also be deleted
I'd very much like a cloud backup, and I don't need big capacity, 500G is more than enough for me now. I need to find a solution/provider with the following requirements:
1) Data can be encrypted locally before uploading
2) Incremental backup with versioning support
3) Easy to schedule a job in Windows to run the backup. Once a week frequency is good enough
4) Only in disaster recovery (which should happen very rarely) I need to retrieve the backup
5) The cost should be as low as possible
Any suggestion for the client software and cloud provider?